Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chinese diplomatic staff killed in bizarre Philippine birthday shooting - The Foreign Desk by Lisa Daftari

Now this gets my attention. What really sticks out is the immunity request. If I had just blasted the Chinese Consul General and killed two of his staff, I am not sure that making a request that virtually guaranteed I'd be shipped back to China would be high on my list of priorities. Especially a married couple both doing it. Unless there is something really interesting or sensitive behind this. It could be crazy, but both that crazy? Hm.

The .45 is kind of common in the Philippine Islands, or so I hear, but asking if it is a surplus piece*, Filipino machine shop home build, or of some other origin is a good idea. Though I am guessing the odds are that the gun itself will not give any massive weird vibe, it will either be locally sourced or very, very convincing as such, by my guess.

Really, really high profile killing here. Especially with all that China has going on in that part of the world. The impact on Sino-Filipino will be something to watch, too. It wasn't a local that pulled the trigger, but...

*Chinese sources, of course, could probably get a hold of a surplus 1911 from several sources they would have on hand in the PRC.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Makes me wonder if the CG didn't run afoul of somebody at Er Bu (Chinese Intel) or PLA HQ, or one of the Party bigwigs... Either way, this sucker stinks like one of my Level 666 Chow Mein Farts From Hell.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts