Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is worthy of attention. Opinions of LEOs politely requested.
Geoff
Who is working on the Florida target.

·
Super Moderator
13,177 Posts
32 minutes? Give us a clue what it's about.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The young Gentleman, reviewed as many official "qualifications" as he could, one for each state, based on information available. Then he analyzed and gave an opinion. Some states like Florida publish a standard. Many do not. This was a description of the process and the 95% of the work the consumer never sees. Geoff Who notes curiosity. And as soon as I can, I will try the Florida Qualification.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Well, that's 32 minutes of my life I'll never get back. It's basically an ad to temp you to watch his videos of some of the various qual courses. I'm surprised he got to the end without both arms in a sling from patting himself on the back. I won't be watching any of his videos, in large part because they're time consuming. Also, I have books of various courses and one could pick and choose to put together an overall course.

Yes, qualification courses vary widely for bunches of reasons. This includes budget and mission as well as possible state mandates. Big reminder: as a private citizen, your mission is not that of the police. Comment: one segment of that video shows engagement of a target at close range while creating distance, followed by a head shot. I didn't see a hand strike with the support hand to help create distance. Also, he stopped at entirely too close a range to deliver the head shot. Flatly, (probably safety issue with multiple people on the range.) motion should not have stopped, at least till the threat was neutralized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts