Gunhub.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My greek rack grade came with a real bad op rod. I have not fired yet, but it looks like it would not take much for it to come off. Do you have a source for a replacement op rod you would recommend? Not looking for a perfect op rod just one in decent shape. Any manufacturer is ok. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,714 Posts
Bill, see my post on a great place for parts. I'm purchasing two new NM op-rods from Ray, $75.00 plus $11.00 S&H.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Call the CMP. They may send you one.

If not Coles has them for $30.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cornbread2 said:
Call the CMP. They may send you one.

If not Coles has them for $30.
cornbread,

thanks for reply. Two followup questions.

1- contact info for Coles, esp website. I did search and nothing came up

2- do you think it best to contact CMP Ohio or Anniston. I understand CMP generally is not as helpful with replacement parts as they were in the past.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Retmsgt. said:
Bill, see my post on a great place for parts. I'm purchasing two new NM op-rods from Ray, $75.00 plus $11.00 S&H.
Retmsgt,

That is good price if they are new or near new with very minimal wear. Do you know what Ray is offering and have you examined any. Thanks for any further info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
billcameron said:
I understand CMP generally is not as helpful with replacement parts as they were in the past.
Don't know where you're getting your info, but that hasn't been my experience nor have I read any complaints along those lines.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim Wilson said:
billcameron said:
I understand CMP generally is not as helpful with replacement parts as they were in the past.
Don't know where you're getting your info, but that hasn't been my experience nor have I read any complaints along those lines.

Tim
Tim,

You may be right, I hope so. But since you obviously had good experience, who did you contact. CMP in Ohio or Anniston?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
icormba said:
www.coledistributing.com

I got one a couple weeks ago... Looks brand new! I think I got the "excellent condition" one... $39.95

and I second Tim's comment
icormba,

Thanks for link that is best price I have seen, esp in condition you describe.

Also I don't want to get into trashing of CMP, just get a replacement op rod if possible. Do you have any suggestion of whom to approach at CMP, esp if a call/email more appropriate to Ohio or Anniston. Thanks for info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I once bought an M-14 trigger group from CMP. It arrived and was a piece of junk. I called them and they told me to ship it back. Once it arrived they shipped me another that met my standards. No questions asked and very quick. Great Customer Service. Try them, I doubt you will be disappointed. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
CMP has overnighted replacement to me for everything that was ever bad....
Sometimes they ask for you to send old part back, sometimes they don't require it..

Key is you have to ask... they take care of you!

Gerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,010 Posts
they'll probably have you talk to mark johnson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
Mark Johnson ... name rings a bell!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
billcameron said:
Tim,

You may be right, I hope so. But since you obviously had good experience, who did you contact. CMP in Ohio or Anniston?
I used the customer service e-mail previously noted.

I believe the person I corresponded with was named Nina.

Tim
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top