Gunhub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm more into the earlier 1903's but a local shop has a very mint looking Rem. 03a3 (9-43) that appears to be all matching including the stock with good cartouches, the only trouble is that someone cut the stock and handguard off just in front of the rear barrel band so it is missing the front band and front wood. They are asking $330. + 8% sales tax and I'm wondering if it's worth the price to try and find a good stock and band?. What would a minty 03a3 stock run? worthwhile project? I'm sure it's not refinished I think someone just ruined a nice original rifle. Thanks for any input/ideas.

Brad

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Brad,

Always glad to talk with a fellow-Washingtonian (I live n. of Everett).

A "minty" 1903A3 stock used to be pretty common but they now push the $150 barrier, although I see decent ones in the $75-100 range, too. If it is OK and there aren't any D&T holes and the front and rear sights are still there, I'd go ahead. It's not a steal but it is a decent deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick, I was wondering if it was a so so deal. I read your posts on this and a couple other sites and appreciate your info. maybe sometime we'll meet at the Puyallup show (I only make it there once or twice a year if lucky).

Brad

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
After next summer, I'm moving to Whidbey Island, so I won't be at Puyallup as much, either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts