Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning Dean and all...
I am looking for positive/negative comments on the XD pistols.
We are in the process of tendering a lot to a goverment agency
in Costa Rica (FBI equivalent) and, as part of the tender, we need to provide warranty. Comments please?
Thanks,
Pedro

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think the XD is probably the best new handgun design to have come out since the CZ-75. Pretty rugged guns, but the finish can be a touch more delicate than others. The stainless finished versions do not have that problem.
As far as warranty goes, for a regular joe, Springfield's warranty is lifetime. I don't know how that would work for you guys in that operation, but I wouldn't hesitate to get another XD. Not for a second.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I agree with the ogre... I tested the original HS2000 and virtually everything Springfield has done since. Currently I have one in 45GAP that is doing well too.

To date everything has run well and nothing broke.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I know about the 45 GAFFE, do they have any plans for a .45acp in the future?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Got to shoot one in 9, the same day I shot my first Glock in the same caliber. IMO the XD is the better piece. Just wish I had bought one before Springfield acquired the line and the price jumped. Can't say I didn't get advance info...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I have shot the hell out of an XD357 with "0" problems, but since the gov. requirements are for a 9mm
I wanted to make sure my experience was replicated in that caliber.
Pedro

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've owned some of the HS2000s since they first hit the shelves and so far, with something over three years experience, theone I shoot regularly has been perfect. The other sits in the safe and I'll probably sell it one day for far more than I paid for it.

Great gun.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
9MM versions have no issues to speak of. Even in the little "Mini XD". I had one and launched a goodly number of rounds through it and it NEVER hiccuped on me. Not once. Pretty accurate too for such a small auto.

A .45 GAP XD is the only reason I excuse the GAP's existance.
(That and the hope for a SIG P239 in .45GAP.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts