Gunhub.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again,

On my recently purchased Inland, I have two problems. First, the rear sight is a replacement milled adjustable (with an H in a shield mark). The sight has never been staked and is loose. Is there a way to keep in place without staking? If no, how do I properly stake the sight?

Second, she shoots WAY high. Should I file the front sight or is there other methods to correct w/o removing metal?

Thanks,

Dillo

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrJits,

What type of Locktite do you use? Then do you clean the site, apply, tap into position and let set up?

Thanks,

Dillo

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
The shorter the front sight, the higher the carbine will shoot. If it's already shooting "way high" then you need a front sight with a taller post.

To prove this to yourself, build up the front sight post with a bit of tape to make it taller. Your POI will drop down lower.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dillo, I read alot. I have never done it. Others here much more knowledgeable than I can give you the particluars. With that said, you seem to have a good handle on what to do. Definetly clean and remove any oil, dirt or gun grease. Buy a good brand at any auto parts store. As for the front sight Quag knows what he is talking about so I would follow is advice before me. :wink:

Good Luck, MrJits

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Dillo, here's your formula for how much to file off the front.

sight-radius( in inches) x impact point from point of aim(in inches)

range in yards x 36" = how much to file down.

Say your sight radius is 21 inches and you're hitting five-inches low

21x5=105 divided by 3600 = .029 "

Just measure from the back of your rear peep to your front sight to get sight-radius. I can't remember what it is exactly. Use a measuring tape to measure your group from your aim-point( For example; group center to x-ring equals five-inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts