Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For $275 I purchased a like new in the box Star 30M yesterday. The gun is all steel, has a huge extractor and came with a 15 round magazine. Detail stripping the gun revealed no usage on this particular specimen.

I had wanted to get one of these guns for a long time after regretfully selling my beloved Star 28M which was built like a tank and refused to ever malfunction.

The 30M is a heavy pistol. Since the 9mm recoil is so mild, with 1140g of mass in hand it is easy to keep the shots in a tight group while ripping off a magazine as fast as I can squeeze the trigger. Speaking of which, the Star 30m has a very short re-set and the single action breaks at a crisp 3½ pounds. The grip angle of the Star is 1911 style so that it points naturally in hand. The gun shoots POA and at 15 feet and can easily put all 15 rounds into a hole the size of a nickel using Blazer 115g.

The grip is rubber, the trigger is wide, and the entire pistol is the epitome of an all steel wondernine. The sites are windage adjustable, the extractor has a loaded chamber indicator and the safety simply causes the firing pin to recede. I noticed that the magazine allows the cartridges to sit high relative to the feedramp, which would also explain the guns reliability.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a kewl gif of the Star 31M, the 31M uses a cone bushing for the barrel.

I just noticed I was in the wrong forum, sorry about that. This should have been supposed to be posted in the general handgun forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Star nine GIF

The best part of the GIF is how the magazine reloads itself after firing a round. Is that included in the base price, or an after-market add-on?

:D

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Quail,

Thanks for posting the picture and the GIF file. Star has produced some very good quality guns that were sold at very reasonable pricing. There are alot of gun SNOBS that turn their noses up when they hear certain brand names, but I for one like alot of different handguns.
In fact, my Star "MegaStar" 10mm is my personal favorite of all the 10mm pistols I own. We have scrrewed around at 25yds with 6" resetable steel targets and I have been known to go thru multiple magazines without missing. I can't do that with my Glock 20, My Colt Dbl Beagle, or my S&W's.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts