Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
We may finally have stumbled onto something that will irritate Mr. Spock. :lol: :mrgreen: :shocked: :ek: :roll:

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
We're busily eating up the planet's resources ourselves. That, alone, would make an alien invasion less than fruitful. Actually, if these super ship exist, they could raid empty planets for huge stores of resources. Then again, a civilization capable of crossing such immense distances will probably have science capable of producing energy, and product, out of virtually nothing.

With this many galaxies, why would anyone bother with inhabited planets capable of intelligence. The bigger problem, as I see it, would be that the advanced civilizations might be so alien that they wouldn't recognize us as alive, much less intelligent. Silicone-based life-forms wouldn't necessarily understand us, at all.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
JR said:
We're busily eating up the planet's resources ourselves. That, alone, would make an alien invasion less than fruitful. Actually, if these super ship exist, they could raid empty planets for huge stores of resources. Then again, a civilization capable of crossing such immense distances will probably have science capable of producing energy, and product, out of virtually nothing.
From the standpoint of the Borg --- Ahem, er, whatever these superspecies are, what we've done to the planet may be zip compared to what they're able to do. What if they had a technology that could tap the energy at the earth's core? Or better --- politicians' hot air???? :mrgreen: :ek:
As to producing energy, you can't really ... you can only change form. You can get chemical energy out of gasoline and convert that to mechanical energy to run your car. Or you can use dilithium crystals to control the imolation of matter and antimatter to produce the energy to achieve warpspeed --- assuming you're Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott.... or Geordi LaForge.

JR said:
With this many galaxies, why would anyone bother with inhabited planets capable of intelligence. The bigger problem, as I see it, would be that the advanced civilizations might be so alien that they wouldn't recognize us as alive, much less intelligent. Silicone-based life-forms wouldn't necessarily understand us, at all.
I wonder why that would save us? They may just want to suck energy from planets irregardless of what life is on the planet ...or if the planet is barren. I mean, they might come here to tap our planet's core and not understanding that we are a life form, punch their energysucking drills through New York City ... or better, Washington D.C. (I think they might get more out of D.C. ..... but I digress :twisted: )
I wonder if silicone based lifeforms would bother with space travel. If I find a Horta I'll ask him.

Does anyone get they idea I'm obsessed with STAR TREK? 8) 8)

[center:37szj8qh]:bolt:[/center:37szj8qh]

·
Premium Member
9,290 Posts
We have a serious problem with aliens sucking up resources already down here. These are from a Galaxy close, close, to home. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts