Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that even Governor "Moonbeam" in California has some limits according to this article.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Jerry Brown vetoed a bill Friday that would have imposed the nation's toughest gun ownership restrictions on Californians, saying it was too far-reaching.

The legislation would have banned future sales of most semi-automatic rifles that accept detachable magazines, part of a firearms package approved by state lawmakers in response to mass shootings in other states.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
He saw what happened in Colorado, that's what happened.

In any case I understand the California government can override his decision so maybe the "fat lady ain't singin' yet."

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To ALL,

Personally, I hope that the CA legislature TRIES to overturn the veto, as we NRA folks will hang that attempt around "the extremist DIMocRATS" neck like a "sign of shame" in 2014's elections all over the USA.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
He saw what happened in Colorado, that's what happened.

In any case I understand the California government can override his decision so maybe the "fat lady ain't singin' yet."
I really think you hit the nail on the head, Tommy. I don't believe Jerry Brown gives two hoots and a holler about 2nd Amendment rights...but he does care about elections. The Colorado recalls did make a serious impression on a few folks, especially in the state houses. Even with Bloomberg's help (read money) they couldn't stop the recalls.

We'll see if the Cali legislature can override the veto...or if they have the political will to do so.

·
Registered
387 Posts
:D So happy to have left that state, emphasizes on LEFT!:neer:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it appears it was a mixed bag. This is more in depth and shows that he vetoed 7 gun bills but signed 11 including a ban on all lead bullets used for hunting.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To ALL,

ImVho, absent POSITIVE PROOF to the contrary, anyone who, still in 2013 & in the elections to follow, votes for ANY "DIMocRAT extremist" is an UN-trainable FOOL & "an idiot in search of a village that has a vacancy for one".

Kalifornistan is called "the land of fruits & NUTS" for excellent reason!

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
To ALL,

ImVho, absent POSITIVE PROOF to the contrary, anyone who, still in 2013 & in the elections to follow, votes for ANY "DIMocRAT extremist" is an UN-trainable FOOL & "an idiot in search of a village that has a vacancy for one".

Kalifornistan is called "the land of fruits & NUTS" for excellent reason!

yours, sw
No offense to any members who live in California, but I always liked "The Granola State...what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes". :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
...What are you guys talking about? It's a GREAT PLACE to be from :grumble:
It will really make you appreciate another state! Sometimes walking out of prison you get a TRUE sense of freedom. :bolt:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts