Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching The Investigation on HBO MAX, about a homicide investigation in Denmark. The plainclothes detectives/investigators are armed with handguns of some sort (SIGs or Glocks or something, haven't gotten a good enough look yet) carried in very odd holsters. The detectives are mostly in shirtsleeves (i.e., not suits) and their holsters hang far below their belts, about "gunfighter low." I noticed in this week's episode that there's also a gap between the holster and body at the top, like the old police trooper holsters meant to be worn with long jackets. Indeed, this week the female detective went out wearing a coat, sort of like a lightweight version of an old US military field jacket, and had the gun sticking out from underneath it. For an American used to high belted or IWB carry, it is a VERY odd look. Maybe they're used to it over there. :confused:

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
My limited exposure to foreign police was FRG back in the 1970s and limited side trips. Summer casual uniforms carried a H&K P9 in a cross draw. Most still carried small autos in a full flap rig. The strong side holster dropped down when the flap was pulled up. Very strange to a guy used to revolver packing Police.
Geoff
Who hasn't strayed much outside the borders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts