Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had one of these as a kid. Never saw another one until I ran across this one on eBay the other day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

The thing lived in my toy box at my grandparents' house when I was a kid. Don't remember when or where it was procured so I must have been very young. Mine was yellow and I think the handle/lever/bubble loop thingie was red.

Note that the rear of the "receiver" is somewhat Luger-ish, as is the front pistol grip. The front "sight" ears look vaguely Garandlike. The whole thing was only about a foot long or so.

The idea was, you'd put bubble solution in the little tub in the front of the thing. Then you'd squeeze the front pistol grip, which would raise the bubble loop in front of the barrel, and you'd crank the crank on the right side, which would blow air out the barrel and hopefully produce a string of bubbles. I don't remember if I ever actually blew bubbles out of it or not.

Very strange little toy. :?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Snake45 said:
you'd crank the crank on the right side, which would blow air out the barrel and hopefully produce a string of bubbles. I don't remember if I ever actually blew bubbles out of it or not.

Very strange little toy. :?
:shocked: "String of bubbles"??!?!? Must be an NFA weapon!!! :ek: :shocked: :ek: :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Daisy VL 22 rifle that used caseless 22 ammo.

One of the first caseless firearm and ammunition systems produced was actually made by Daisy, the airgun maker, in 1968. The V/L Rifle used a .22 caliber (5.5 mm) low powered caseless round with no primer. The rifle was basically a spring-piston air rifle, but when used with the V/L ammunition the energy from the compression of the piston heated the air behind the caseless cartridge enough to ignite the propellant, and this generated the bulk of the energy of firing. The Daisy V/L Rifle system was discontinued in 1969 after the BATF ruled that it was not an airgun, but a firearm, which Daisy was not licensed to produce.[10]

Several assault rifles have used caseless ammunition. One of the better-known weapons of this type is the G11 made by Heckler & Koch. Although the rifle never entered full production, it went through a number of prototype stages as well as field testing before being put aside in favour of a more conventional firearm, the G36, which was also cheaper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caseless_ammunition

:( wish I still had it

·
Registered
243 Posts
Snake, as 'odd' as it is, it would probably fall under the 'relic' part of your C&R... hehe

Definitely a luger style 'safety' on it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts