Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY Times
October 14, 2004
Identity Badge Worn Under Skin Approved for Use in Health Care
By BARNABY J. FEDER
and TOM ZELLER Jr.

The Food and Drug Administration has cleared the way for a Florida company to market implantable chips that would provide easy access to individual medical records.

The approval, which the company announced yesterday, is expected to bring to public attention a simmering debate over a technology that has evoked Orwellian overtones for privacy advocates and fueled fears of widespread tracking of people with implanted radio frequency tags, even though that ability does not yet exist. [...major "snip"...]
Go to the NY Times, click hereHERE
If that won't work, try this:http://nytimes.com

I see some battlefield utility, offset by danger to POWs, perhaps also for Alzheimer's patients. Other than that, it is all Big Brother ...

·
Registered
794 Posts
If the GOOD LORD had have wanted a chip in your body he would have installed one from birth. Looks like a lot of BIG BROTHER to me too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree with Bighead. I think it is an invasion of privacy. I do beleive they are trying to take that away from us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Papers! Let me see your Papers!

One step closer to a Police State.

One more means for Identity Theft.

What happens if the chip has the wrong information, or the information becomes corupter?

Bad JuJu.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
39 Posts
What happens when your info get corupted? What happens if a hacker gets in there and says your an illeagle alien? That to me is scary.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I want a Timex with a digital compas and a Blackberry built in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I "chipped" my hunting dog. It has proven very helpful in finding lost dogs in a variety of circumstances.

That is as close as a "chip" is getting to me. This may not be the "Mark of the Beast" referred to in the book of Revelation but I (and most Christians) would take no chances. You want civil war? Try to mandate Americans to take a microprocessor chip.

Will it happen? Yes, but only after a cataclysmic event.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Too bad they cant make it mandatory for civilian contractors and use that for locating them if they're taken hostage by Al Quaeda terrorists.

·
Registered
466 Posts
stodgman said:
I "chipped" my hunting dog. It has proven very helpful in finding lost dogs in a variety of circumstances.

That is as close as a "chip" is getting to me. This may not be the "Mark of the Beast" referred to in the book of Revelation but I (and most Christians) would take no chances. You want civil war? Try to mandate Americans to take a microprocessor chip.

Will it happen? Yes, but only after a cataclysmic event.
I respectfully disagree.I think it will happen and most people will welcome it with open arms.

They will start small-maybe just the military,or, like someone else stated;civilian contractors.They will use fear and security to sell it.

I think the easier way they will do it is to start with newborns.Sell it to the parents.If your child is missing or abducted,the police can find them right away.Who wouldn't want that?
It's for the children :roll: .

After a few years it will be old news.As that generation grows up,it will be a normal thing.I hope I am wrong,but I can see it happening.

·
Registered
469 Posts
carguym14,

I agree 100%, you were reading my mind. Someday infants will leave the hospital with these implants. Just a few swapped at birth baby stories will sell a lot of parents, not to mention kidnappings. This will be human Onstar. GPS trackable. Maybe the user's health will be monitored 24/7. Instead of having credit and debit cards the implant will be scanned. Maybe digital bone conduction could be used to 'eavesdrop' on conversations. Eventually could replace cell phones and be an in body internet link.............................. :shock:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
mercman said:
carguym14,

I agree 100%, you were reading my mind. Someday infants will leave the hospital with these implants. Just a few swapped at birth baby stories will sell a lot of parents, not to mention kidnappings. This will be human Onstar. GPS trackable. Maybe the user's health will be monitored 24/7. Instead of having credit and debit cards the implant will be scanned. Maybe digital bone conduction could be used to 'eavesdrop' on conversations. Eventually could replace cell phones and be an in body internet link.............................. :shock:
i think they'll "sell " it on the what if scenario- ie what if you were a diabetic, got in a car accident , and your medic alert bracelet was lost- that kind of thing- and were unable to speak- and your other id was gone too- basically naked with no form of id- that's what sold the medic alert idea and for that matter, dog tags, which almost everyone that ever served has

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Don't ya realize, folks, we ARE "chipped"...
...from birth. Its called DNA. They don't need to plant electrical
devices in you. I'm sure that not-too-far in the future they will have portable little DNA-reading machines in ambulances and such...
...However, if they want to TRACK us with little spybot chips in us,
I will simply throw a little more aluminum foil on my tin hat...
--BushRat--

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
http://www.tldm.org/news4/markofthebeast.htm

I'm sure that not-too-far in the future they will have portable little DNA-reading machines in ambulances and such...
They've actually already got that technology, but it's still way too expesive to deploy in the private sector. Which is why it is first being given to the police once they work out the last bugs. :evil:

I will simply throw a little more aluminum foil on my tin hat...
You would do better to build a giant Faraday cage around your house. Maybe a smaller one for your arm as well? Just don't forget to ground it!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
skslover,
You're right! And I won't forget the ground...
Actually, by the time all this future-stuff happens, I will be long gone. I will have turned "farmer" tending my 6ft field from the roots up. Yet my sons and daughters will be left, raising the grandchildren they have blessed me with. I expect them to teach THEIR children the Art Of The Rifle as I so instructed them when they were growing up. I can assure you that they are all excellent shooters.
Perhaps my son will raise his boy to follow in his footsteps and join the Corps (Semper Fi!). In any case, it is up to us to teach our children and grandchildren to resist such nonsense and to cherish our hard-won freedoms. After all, THEY are the future...
--BushRat--

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hey,Just got the new "Sentinel" from JPFO yesterday.There is a very good article about this subject.

I am going to order a bunch of copies,so if anyone is interested,pm me with your address and I'll send you a copy when I get them.

Oh yeah,The minuteman on the cover is holding an M14!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts