Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weii, I admit I'm really surprised no one posted anything about the Supreme Court's ruling on the 2nd Amendment.

What's this blog coming to?

I for one, am really pleased. Hope it just gets better from here.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I figured everyone would know since all the national media gave it a lot of time. Of course they are sure blood will run in the streets.

The thing that surprised me was that it was 5-4 since the Second Ammendment is one of the least ambiguous parts of the Constitution.

Time permitting I'd like to read the opinions.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Guys:

I've already read the KABA notes this morning. They are full of praise (limited) for SCOTUS and the decision. Naturaly Daley is going to have many more laws to make it hard for people to own or by a gun. Oak Park is thinking along the same vein.

And Helmke is livid. He has equated gun owners with criminals. So what else is new there.

Well, I'm glad the wait is over. Hooray for us. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
For most of us, living outside Chicago, California, etc., the decision will have little practical effect. I predict the courts will uphold most existing gun laws, such as requiring permits to carry concealed, prohibitions against carrying in parks, schools and government buildings, and even New York's registration scheme.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
ExSarge said:
Weii, I admit I'm really surprised no one posted anything about the Supreme Court's ruling on the 2nd Amendment.

What's this blog coming to?

I for one, am really pleased. Hope it just gets better from here.
There actually was a thread started yesterday in the RKBA forum.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What's scary to me about this is that the decision just like in the DC case was that it was 5 to 4. It should have been 9 for. This means to me that the 4 against don't know what the consitution says. Or they just don't give a damn about what's right. The second amendment could not be more clear.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Five justices believe that the meaning of the Constitution is to be found in the original intent of the Founders who wrote and signed it.
Four justices believe that the meaning of the Constitution is malleable and mutable, according to current, "modern" beliefs and practices.

(Actually, it's four and four, with one justice or another becoming the "swing" vote.)

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Steve M1911A1 said:
(Actually, it's four and four, with one justice or another becoming the "swing" vote.)
Kennedy is usually the swing vote. Thus he might be considered the most powerful person in the US at this time. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts