Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
In 1996 I aquired 2 T-3 Carbines, 0234 with a 02/44 Underwood
barrel and M73B1 Scope and 0672 with a undated Inland barrel
and complete IR Scope setup. BOTH were rewelds but a very
nice job and hard to tell. I never shot them but still cool to have.
I have not seen any for sale since then.

Sadly I no longer have them, selling them was one of the more
stupider things I have done. :shock:

I suspect this one will go for 3 or 4 K before its done.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I saw it earlier this evening and added it to my watch list. I suspect it will go for a pretty penny.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quagmire said:
I saw it earlier this evening and added it to my watch list. I suspect it will go for a pretty penny.
yea, and the only pennies i have are the ugly copper ones :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ok--since I love my carbines but SHUDDER...only have 3 and no ref books :oops: I've never heard of these. Can someone enlighten me as to the stock forend being totally different--ie purpose of holes and what appears to be flat on bottom and shape??

·
Registered
83 Posts
M-2 was an auto capable receiver so was the M-3, this much I do know.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The T3 was originally developed to be a carbine sniper rifle. Since the range and accuracy of the carbine leave a lot to be desired, it never got to the field. However at the same time the military was developing infrared technology and someone figured out that with the limited range of the infrared and the heavy weight of the units, the carbine was the perfect firearm for mounting the unit. The original T3 had the scope mount built diectly on the receiver. It was not removable as it is on the M3 It was brazed right on to the receiver and became integral with it. The M3 has a removable mounting bar that attaches to the barrel and the dovetail. As to the flat bottom stock configuation, this is an early T3/M3 feature. The early versions of the infrared units had the "lamp" mounted on the underside of the stock while the scope was mounted on top. The flat bottom was where the lamp was mounted. The later units had the lamp mounted on to of the scope. The reason for the change was because with the lamp mounted on the bottom, the operator often had to stand to use the unit so that the lamp was clear of the bush and grass. With the lamp mounted on top, the operator could stay down and under cover much better, avoiding random counter-fire.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, its now in a Museum. Nice to know it should be protected no matter what. I do still have the pictures though. I plan on keeping those around just to show people what a T3 is and how they look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am the lucky buyer. Upon inspection, I will let you know as best I can what I have gotten!

By the way, I am looking for someone in Los Angeles who can take a look at the rifle with me - an expert/collector. Any ideas??

I am also looking to acquire a M1 or M2 scope. Any ideas or leads?

Thank you in advance.

Brad

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Congratulations on getting such a rare carbine! :D

I know I'm being nosey, but how on earth did the bidding jump up the way it did? The last three bids are listed below and it looks like the bidding jumped from $2,900 to $7,700 with nothing in between that would require such a high bid. Did someone's bids get retracted/thrown out or is it just the way GB displays the bids?

$7,700.00 hiyabrad A+(10)
$2,900.00 siegerhund A+(26)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is because siegerhund's max. bid was aprox. $7,600, and since I bid more, it automatically goes to the next highest increment over the previous bidders high bid. If I only bid say $7,000, then siegerhund would have won at about $7,100.

Quagmire said:
Congratulations on getting such a rare carbine! :D

I know I'm being nosey, but how on earth did the bidding jump up the way it did? The last three bids are listed below and it looks like the bidding jumped from $2,900 to $7,700 with nothing in between that would require such a high bid. Did someone's bids get retracted/thrown out or is it just the way GB displays the bids?

$2,900.00 siegerhund A+(26)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Well not really, Q.
the reserve was 7,700. hiyabard's first bid of 7,700 was placed to show the reserve was reached. Then when hiyabrad saw how close the bid was to his real price, he bid again higher. No one else bid so his higher bid did not show, only that he bid again. If you would have bid 7,800 you would have been between hiyabrad's two bids.
There is a post on CSP that a shop has a scope for sale. It may or may not be the right one.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
OK, understood. I think it would be a lot less confusing if GB would show the other bidder's reserve bid once it was exceeded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That scope is not the correct scope for a T3. That is a M3 scope and T3's use M1 or M2's.

Bolo-7 said:
Well not really, Q.
the reserve was 7,700. hiyabard's first bid of 7,700 was placed to show the reserve was reached. Then when hiyabrad saw how close the bid was to his real price, he bid again higher. No one else bid so his higher bid did not show, only that he bid again. If you would have bid 7,800 you would have been between hiyabrad's two bids.
There is a post on CSP that a shop has a scope for sale. It may or may not be the right one.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I did not look past scope. Since i have never had one, I know little about them. I just thought you could check it out. until Jimb make his post, I knew there was one on top and one below but I did not why or which was which.
Good luck on your quest. Maybe if someone here hears of one they will PM you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts