Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/no ... ology.html

Nov. 29, 2010

MEDIA ADVISORY : M10-167

NASA Sets News Conference on Astrobiology Discovery; Science Journal Has Embargoed Details Until 2 p.m. EST On Dec. 2

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life. Astrobiology is the study of the origin, evolution, distribution and future of life in the universe.

The news conference will be held at the NASA Headquarters auditorium at 300 E St. SW, in Washington. It will be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency's website at http://www.nasa.gov.
…

·
Registered
335 Posts
They just found obama's spaceship parked behind the moon, that's all.

I knew he wuttin eligible to be president.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Nah, Obama's spaceship is right here on earth!!!! :ehsmile: :roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ah, I see...
He came to Earth because he wanted Chivas.
But he should've known that there's lots better Scotch available here.
Hmmm...Maybe these omniscient extraterrestrials don't know as much as they think they do.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Re: NASA Media Whores

Scientists see fatal flaws in the NASA study of arsenic-based life.
On Thursday, Dec. 2, Rosie Redfield sat down to read a new paper called "A Bacterium That Can Grow by Using Arsenic Instead of Phosphorus." ...
Redfield, a microbiology professor at the University of British Columbia, had been hearing rumors about the papers for days beforehand. On Monday, NASA released a Sphinxlike press release: "NASA will hold a news conference at 2 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 2, to discuss an astrobiology finding that will impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life." ...
As soon as Redfield started to read the paper, she was shocked. "I was outraged at how bad the science was," she told me.

Redfield blogged a scathing attack on Saturday. Over the weekend, a few other scientists took to the Internet as well. Was this merely a case of a few isolated cranks? To find out, I reached out to a dozen experts on Monday. Almost unanimously, they think the NASA scientists have failed to make their case.
Read the entire missive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts