Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I just say the Taurus Raging Judge Magnum in one the the Gun-zines.

I must admit, it was sexy to my eyes.

Though I must ask the general population as to their opinions on the piece.

~Cas'

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Casual said:
...Taurus Raging Judge Magnum....

~Cas'
Not enough manly words in the name. I'll wait for the "Tactical" model.

If they could come up with some new way to spell "Tactical" (like with a K or something), or work an exclamation point or numerical superscript into the name, so much the better. Even then, I'd want the "Limited Edition." (How does one go about "editing" a gun, anyway?)

And can I get it in "digital camo"?

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I wish Dean were here to give his "critical thinking" speech.

The most foolish idea was... now that they have .410 rifled slugs it would be a better choice than a .44 Magnum for a backup gun in Alaska :roll:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Oh no! This is/was a great idea. I don't know what sale figures are, but the amount of publicity, especially on forums is impressive. "I don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right".
And just apply a little selective reasoning. The massive recoil generated by the 45 Colt can be solved how? Make a bigger gun, silly.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Snake45 said:
Casual said:
...Taurus Raging Judge Magnum....

~Cas'
Not enough manly words in the name. I'll wait for the "Tactical" model.

If they could come up with some new way to spell "Tactical" (like with a K or something), or work an exclamation point or numerical superscript into the name, so much the better. Even then, I'd want the "Limited Edition." (How does one go about "editing" a gun, anyway?)

And can I get it in "digital camo"?
OK, Snake, how 'bout:

Takt!Cal (for the California market)

and

Takt1ka! (for the rest of us)

Sure sellers, both.

...Or maybe just Tacti-ka-ka.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I knew someone would get into the spirit of it, Steve. :wink:

You should copyright those as soon as possible. Only a matter of time until those words actually appear on real guns, and you want to be in position to get paid when they do. :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
God, I'm glad I'm not the only grumpy old fart around. I have never understood the attraction of the Judge series of revolvers. But every gun store employee I talk too say they sell as many as they can get their hands on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like to go trout fishing when i can and I the judge would be an excellent snake gun!
I HATE SNAKES!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Ah well, if I won the lottery a could satisfy my curiosity. Of course my lawyers would never let me publish anything, because I'd get sued.

Has anyone ever compared a .44 or .357 shotshell to the .410 from the Judge?

The local gun dealers tell me they are being bought for snake medicine. The local game wardens won't hassel you for a Judge, the way the would for a pistol that could be used for illegal hunting. Which is interesting.

I saw a Judge fail to keep five rounds of .45 LC on a silhouette target at 15 yards. I note the shooter had no trouble shooting a palm sized group at that range with full power .44 Mags out of a 6" M29 Smith&Wesson. The shooter said he didn't expect much accuracy with the .45.

Geoff
Who has some .38 Special shot shells if he has to go afield with his Bodyguard.

·
Registered
177 Posts
How about TactiCal - as in AmeriCal Division (Vietnam era speak)? Or, a Raging Judge Roy Bean model? (Better then a Judge Dredd (?) model.)
Did they introduce a Raging Judge in the revolving carbine configuration? I thought I saw a model of one and it looked cool - and I hardly ever use the word "cool".

·
Registered
840 Posts
jfrost23 said:
How about TactiCal...
I've already suggested that one. But I much prefer "TactiKaka."

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Taurus Raging Judge Magnum Extreme! Mount a laser on the underlug. :D

If I had one I'd probably just load .45 Colt but that's me. The only use I'd see for Casull would be in Bear country. Though in NJ who knows?

I know a guy I have shot with for years, long time shooter, competition pistol and black powder, and he wants a Judge badly for a house gun. I like the rifle carbine version they want to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! New here, and just perusing a few threads... Thought I'd chime in on this particular discussion- hope you don't mind!

Been a Judge owner for awhile now, using it for my night stand SD gun, as my 'carry while fishing' for snakes and javelinas, and also as my carry while flying the bush in Alaska. So I always carry a selection of various ammo in a pocket of my fishing vest.

I have put approx 1000 rds of .45 Colt (real loads, not Cowboy loads) through it, and another 30-40 rds of PDX1, SZX, Federal HD,and rifled slugs as well.

Shooting it in the 2.5" cyl x 4" barrel, it does everything I ask of it, and more! My 10 and 15 yd groups are all within 4-5", while 7 yd is within 3". This is shooting both 255gr fmj and 250gr hard cast, 7gr of HP-38. So I'm not sure what caused the inaccuracy one poster was relating. I find it pretty much hits what I point it at...

I'm looking forward to putting a few rounds of CCI through it, to see if it has the density to take out some of the rattlers I see on the ranches I go to here in Sth Texas (bagged one which was just under 14' long).

For my varied needs, I find the Judge really meets them, and in a really solid way.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Um, Joe, the Answer to which you provided the link says, at the bottom, "See the related link for a picture of a 14' Western Diamondback rattler taken in Happy Camp, CA., on the weekend of 9/11/10 by a' good friend of mine."

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Al here's one for you not 14 freet, but a nice one.[attachment=0:awtqkbpg]Snake (240 x 360).jpg[/attachment:awtqkbpg][attachment=0:awtqkbpg]Snake (240 x 360).jpg[/attachment:awtqkbpg]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts