Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the third anniversary of the infamous S&W/Clinton Administration "deal" approaches, it is interesting to look at the effect of that document in light of a new Administration in Washington, new owners for Smith & Wesson, and a recent response to a gun-owner's inquiry by Bob Scott, Chairman of "new" S&W… and some cogent observations by noted Gun Rights warriors Jeff (Nation of Cowards) Snyder and Rob Firriolo, practicing lawyers both. See That Damned HUD Agreement! shucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Since no effort was ever made by either party to live up to the terms of the agreement, seems to me it's dead in fact if not dead on paper. Just another one of these Clinton smoke-and-mirrors BS deals, that was for publicity only and not for any implementation. Anybody kept score? It would be nice if the Bushies made it officially dead, but I imagine they're as scared of "voter backlash" as the other guys.

Regardless, such stuff is part of the unending power-grabbing of all governments everywhere, and I've yet to hear of a government voluntarily ceding regulatory power...

Art

1 - 2 of 2 Posts