Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Well, we certainly live in interesting times.

Looks like the paradigm is beginning to shift.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Interesting how the Southern Poverty Law Center finds it objectionable when politically conservative people protest/indulge in some other activities and have no issues when the other end of the political spectrum do likewise.

I'll also question their standing to comment given the name of the outfit.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Interesting how the Southern Poverty Law Center finds it objectionable when politically conservative people protest/indulge in some other activities and have no issues when the other end of the political spectrum do likewise.

I'll also question their standing to comment given the name of the outfit.
They have a distinct leftward slant.

But another problem runs beyond what he identifies: The SPLC is not just far from an ideal source because it's an anti-hate activist group, but because it's a leftist anti-hate activist group. They definitely don't regularly say this (they do acknowledge themselves to be activists), but they eventually admitted as such to NR's Charlie Cooke back in 2011. Not only does the SPLC have a liberal stance, they actually just do not consider or research leftist domestic-terror or hate groups (except those that are otherwise specifically racist, such as black nationalists). When Charlie asked them about whether, in light of a serious bomb plot uncovered at Occupy Cleveland, they were going to cover the Occupy movement, an SPLC rep told him, "We're not really set up to cover the extreme Left."

Source

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

More to the point the so called "Southern Poverty Law Center's" shysters have KNOWINGLY "with malice afore thought" & REPEATEDLY for years have "shaded the truth".
Further, those same people have INTENTIONALLY LIED in publications, press releases, depositions & in court proceedings on any number of subjects.

You might also wish to look into who FUNDS the "SPLC".

Based on my experience with them, I wouldn't trust any of their employees if their published position was that, "It is dark at Midnight".

yours, sw

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
SPLC is a hate group, and some would call it a "domestic terrorist" group as well.

They're also primarily a money-making organization. Its leader might be the biggest white con man not holding elective office in America. (Notice I said "white." He's still not in the league of Jerkson or Sharperton.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Do laws no longer apply when the radical right no longer agrees?" said Ryan Lenz, a writer for the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors militia group activity.
Well, they certainly don't apply when it comes to the radical left and the $PLC doesn't say squat about that.

This Reuters article is as biased as you can get. Instead of asking Alex Jones about it they would have served the readers better by asking former congressman Ron Paul instead.

Ron Paul on Clive Bundy - LewRockwell.com

Ron Paul CG #05 - Pat Buchanan

The American president Jefferson Davis put what is going on today in a number of areas where the Feds are involved the best, in my opinion:

"The contest is not over, the strife is not ended. It has only entered upon a new and enlarged arena."
Jefferson Davis, address to the Mississippi legislature - 16 years after the wars end.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

For about 20 years, the laws that apply to the rest of us have been (at best) "occasionally applied" to the leftists/HATERS.

President Davis was 100% correct about a variety of issues.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please ask yourselves one question:

What if, the day before the Harry Reid land grab story involving the Chinese came out, which led to the Feds suddenly being called off, one of the people there armed had shot a Federal LEO?

What would the story be? How would it be presented? How would any news releases alleging the government was acting improperly be treated in light of the shooting of the officer?

What would the effect be on the upcoming elections and the national gun debate?

My point is that peaceful protest works. People aiming rifles at Federal Officers will likely not end well for anyone. The story about the Reids' involvement had more effect than a rifle would have, at least for the good.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I agree David but as the ole saying goes "don't bring a knife to a gunfight".Do we need armed conflict?I would hope not but look at all the players on the left and what they continue to do even now.New York,Kali,Connecticut all active on stripping away gun owership,over taxation,being labeled racist WTH,domestic terroist how the list goes on and on.The gubernment is crushing the workers for thier own gain to obtain a two class society.The article is like any other from the left MSM and it fits thier narrative any of us here who are conservative/Tparty wether white or black are hated as racist/domestic terrorist and I am sure my sis(obama supporter) thinks the same.And I still have yet to make out that check to the IRS :grumble: While I live with paying my state taxes what the governemt does with my federal dollars makes me want to puke.Rant off.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Ruby Ridge and Waco seemed to provide 'Never Again!' moments for Americans concerned about overbearing/abusive government.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts