Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neil Young and Springsteen's E Street Band perform "Rockin' in the Free World" in 2004. Max Weinberg kicks ass on drums, too! And unlike most Youtube vids, this one actually has decent sound with good volume. Crank it!

Neil Young Rockin' In The Free World - YouTube

"We got fuel to burn, we got roads to drive!" I gotta get that put on a T-shirt! ;)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Springsteen's too liberal for me. I can't help it, last election cycle he was all for the fool we have in the White house now.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Springsteen's too liberal for me. I can't help it, last election cycle he was all for the fool we have in the White house now.
Me too, but if I let that govern my enjoyment of things, I'd have to sell all my TVs and almost every DVD, CD, tape, and vinyl album I own. :duh:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Me too, but if I let that govern my enjoyment of things, I'd have to sell all my TVs and almost every DVD, CD, tape, and vinyl album I own. :duh:
Sigh...yeah, you're right, Snake. Even John Wayne movies (according to the extras on the Blu-ray, the scriptwriter for "True Grit" was a blacklisted, unabashed commie, but the Duke loved the script so much he pushed to do it) had folks attached that would make us balk at watching them if we used political barometers to decide what entertainment to enjoy.

Except for the most egregious offenders, I try not to let it bother me. But Sean Penn/Susan Sarandon/Tim Robbins/Matt Damon and a few others can kiss my ass...I'll NEVER give'em a penny.

(I don't listen to Rage Against the Machine/9 Inch Nails/ or any of the other hip(?) musicians who so want all of us to give our money away while keeping their's. I'm too old for that. Most of the older rockers finally realize that money is a GOOD thing to have approaching retirement age. The old blues artists ALWAYS knew that. ;) )

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I see your point Snake, I really can't disagree with that.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really a protest song, but give me the Doobie Brothers any day... :)

Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running.mpg - YouTube
Early 1973, right? My first semester at university. I could only get one FM station on my radio, and it was one that had a playlist of only about 20 songs, repeated constantly all day long, and that was one of them. I got THOROUGHLY sick of it and just about everything else that station played at that time. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I dunno, Hank Williams just got a good one off at Obunghole with "Keep The Change", I thought.

DB
Who doesn't even LIKE most Country/Western music. LOL

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I always thought one of the great things about Johnny Cash was the fact you could understand all the words he was singing. Unlike so many groups that are so loud you can't understand the lyrics. Of course my hearing is all screwed up. Too many loud bangs.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I always thought one of the great things about Johnny Cash was the fact you could understand all the words he was singing. Unlike so many groups that are so loud you can't understand the lyrics. Of course my hearing is all screwed up. Too many loud bangs.
Yeah, I lost Judy Collins voice range back in the 1970s despite US Army issue hearing protection.

Geoff
Who supposes he could blame it on rock-n-roll...think there's any way to sue somebody? :eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Not really a protest song, but give me the Doobie Brothers any day... :)

Doobie Brothers - Long Train Running.mpg - YouTube
Aww, Brother Walt! One of my favorite bands from the days of my misspent youth!

Got to see them twice in concert...Once in Berlin and once in Macon, Ga. Absolutely fantastic musicans...two drummers playing in total synch, keyboards, guitars, and in Macon they had the "Memphis Brass" with them playing horns. STILL love their music! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts