Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Cities Increasingly Turn to 'Trash Police' to Enforce Recycling Laws
Beware the green police. They don't carry guns and there's no police academy to train them, but if you don't recycle your trash properly, they can walk up your driveway and give you a $100 ticket.

They know what's in your trash, they know what you eat, they know how often you bring your recycles to the curb -- and they may be coming to your town soon. That is, if they're not already there.

In a growing number of cities across the U.S., local governments are placing computer chips in recycling bins to collect data on refuse disposal, and then fining residents who don't participate in recycling efforts and forcing others into educational programs meant to instill respect for the environment.
Spy chips hidden in 2.5 MILLION dustbins: 60 pence rise in electronic bugs as council snoopers plan pay-as-you-throw tax
The growing threat of a stealth tax on the rubbish we throw away was exposed by startling figures yesterday.

More than 2.5million homes now have wheelie bins fitted with microchips to weigh their contents.

This is an increase of nearly two-thirds in just a year. The bins, which can be electronically identified and weighed, are designed for 'pay-as-you-throw' rubbish tax schemes.
I predicted this trend a couple of years ago and it gets worse. As RFID replaces barcodes the garbage company can RFID scan your garbage as it's dumped into the truck and build a profile of everyone at the household. How much and what brands of alcohol you consume, what kind of clothing you and your family wear (The price tags you discard will have RFID tags in them.) The UPC code embedded with the RFID data will give them enough data to know if you buy boys or girls clothing and the size data infers the ages of the children. They could know what brands of over the counter drugs you buy. You know that plastic clamshell packaging that requires scissors to open? That stuff will all have tags. Nintendo? PlayStation? They will know. New television or computer? They'll know the manufacturer, model and possibly the serial number.

I wonder if a stun gun will render an RFID tag inert.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Re: The Green Police - Coming soon to the trash can at your

Well then, just to make sure I get credit I'll deliver it personally to my County Commish, just so he can witness.

Geoff
Who thinks we need to SERIOUSLY step on some political do-do.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3

New recycling bins with tracking chips coming to Alexandria
Alexandria residents soon will have to pay for larger home recycling bins featuring built-in monitoring devices.

The City Council added a mandatory $9 charge to its residents' annual waste collection fee.

That cash -- roughly $180,000 collected from 19,000 residents-- will pay for new larger recycling carts equipped with computer microchips, which will allow the city to keep tabs on its bins and track resident participation in the city's recycling program.

·
Registered
335 Posts

I recycle my used motor oil...I dump it back into the earth.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts

I routinely pay for commercial dumpsters at work, I have not had residential trash collection for years. why should I

1 - 5 of 5 Posts