Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
The key question asked by the Portland officer is whether there have been similar "failures" with aftermarket barrels that more fully support the cartridge.

I've shot several aftermarket barrels in both .40 S&W and .45 ACP and been unable to measure and significant case expansion at the 6:00 position. Nor have I "heard" any reports of similar failures with aftermarket barrels.

Have you?

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
The officer also asked about fully supported after-market barrels and their reliabilty feeding ammo. For one example, I refer you back to Sam's posting of the two barrels side by side showing the difference in support and his assertion a couple posts down that the aftermarket barrel has been just as reliable.

Beretta slide cracks

Ed

·
Registered
203 Posts
I put 1,000 rds of American Ammo (of the frightful reputation) thru my Glock 22's Bar Sto bbl w/o a single ftf, fte or any other problem. Nothing blew up on me, either, for which I am grateful.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nope, RAJ, that's some moron-with-PhotoShop-and-a-modem's creation… and clearly that moron-with-PhotoShop-and-a-modem isn't even a gun person.

The image I posted is at least an actual artifact… why are you wasting bandwidth with crap like that?!?

You gotta start hanging out on better sites.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Around 97 or so I had a phone conversation w Mike Dunlap, then range master at the Amarillo TX PD about Glock kBs. APD had some probs w G21s too, he mentioned they tried aftermarket bbls in some. Might check w him/APD and see how they worked?

Was told on the phone by someone at Jarvis reliability might be compromised w the added support of their bbls in Glocks; why I decided against that route at the time in my 40s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts