Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, congratulations to Doctor Burke, for his top five finish in the recently concluded Gunsite Alumni Shoot! Tim, ya done us all proud.

Now, the memories flood back, none more compelling for me than that of the late Aeliah Britton who died betimes at the end of April 1995. Earlier this month I tried to explain the whole Aeliah dynamic to Jeanne, my SO, who's looked at the photo of the laughing, gesturing and homely Filipina which graces our sleeping quarters, and wondered. I really couldn't do the narrative justice, I fear… I'm going to have to find the long-stored zip file of her E-mails to me over the last three months of her life after we'd finally achieved a rapproachment. The only person with whom I've ever shared them was our friend JillyBean the Summer after Aeliah left us, typically, on her own terms, for she gave new definition to the term "control freak." It is in every respect a hair-raising chronicle. But from time-to-time, alone on the range, I think of her and hunker down to "shoot some ornary Xs" in her honor… in her less than 23 years, this was a gal who never caught a break.

And so many others, from CeePee and Chris Killoy of S&W who first revealed the there-to-fore impenetrable secret of finding the Sports Play BB/Shooting Sports Topic on the late Prodigy Classic, to that original crew and some of the first on-line friends I made: RAJ ("Tutuman"), Schmit, Dave McCracken, that hell-for-leather Maryland Corrections Officer who picked his teeth with an 870 barrel, MikeGunner (who, try as I might, could never be educated beyond not posting "I can get it for you at dealer cost" prices on the old Classic BB), Tim de Illy (who became a close friend, regular "live" chum, and plankowner of Lodge 1201 of the Unspeakable Order of Serious Social Shotgunners), "Big John" Kepler (the consummate .30 caliber High Power Competitor), and on….

And while there was never a chance that he and I would ever take in a Dodgers game and go for a Dos Equis afterwards, "Bowden, the misunderstood," who called B.S. on a documented first-person after action report because the bad guy didn't disintegrate immediately being hit with the initial Black Talon .40 S&W round. ("I have a Deputy Sheriff friend who told me that Black Talon would blow your arm off!") We all learned something from Bowden… except, sadly, Bowden. Then there were John Hunter and Jules and Patty Rogers and Sean McMahon and Phill and Tom Burczynski and Texican Sam (whose older eyes are such a valuable asset in catching TGZ typos) and of course our new "benefactor" Fernando.

And the ladies… from Mrs. Fittinger, our in-house "high speed, low drag, demon bytch of darkness," who thoughtfully migrated from the Republic of Kalifornia several states East so we could all sing, "O You Colorado Gals," and encompass Carol/"Lace" and Charlie's and my Darlin' Kit. The two I never quite got a handle on were "Fervidity" and "Prurience" from that positively bizarre Sunday night chat session in 1996. I know that Schmit and RAJ have something to share with me about that sometime when the Guiness is flowing! (BTW: RAJ had the final post ever on the entire Sports.Rec BB sometime around 0616 this morning, more than six hours after the SBC PTB were to have pulled the plug.)

I can't begin to mention all who were so vital on Shooting Sports BB… and "back there" on Classic's Shooting Sports Topic… I tried to start this right after Charlie's post on Tuesday, but my accountant took remote control of my desktop, and the note was lost!

O, well… here we are on The Gun Zone Forum on AmBack!

Thanks for this opportunity, Señor Fernando… the Prodigy expatriates salute you.

To the rest who've registered here and logged in, thanks as well. I think we have a terrific chance to build something worthwhile here.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
A first line mention in the full service mem-rep's last post on the P* board! Thanks! I actually saw this post this morning on P* around 0530 EDT. Checked on the board around 0830 and it was no more.
As long as my friends are here, I'll be here.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
When I mentioned Aeliah in one of my last posts I was very mindful of her correspondence with you and am forever moved by it. Maybe it was best that I didn't know...

So this is how we move on... and I am glad to see all the old friends... now if we could just coax TJ back.

G

·
The two I never quite got a handle on were "Fervidity" and "Prurience" from that positively bizarre Sunday night chat session in 1996.
Aaaaa I forgot about those two!!! But didn't they "handle" you on more then one chat?

I know that Schmit and RAJ have something to share with me about that sometime when the Guiness is flowing!
Know is such a strong word. You know nada, nothing, zip, zero... you suspect myself or RAJ may have something to share. It may be possible but I'm not sure... you may be off the mark... if the truth hasn't come out yet it may just fall into the same relm as Who Kill JFK.

G

·
! (BTW: RAJ had the final post ever on the entire Sports.Rec BB sometime around 0616 this morning, more than six hours after the SBC PTB were to have pulled the plug.)
It seems as though SBC/Yahoo isn't as thorough as they think... either that or it takes a few days to shut down a BB (I think not)

http://sportsrec.bb.prodigy.net/sportsrecb/prodigy.cgi?action=topic_display_page&topic=5091

Schmit
Member #35498, posted 10-25-03 11:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmm, can I post? Did SBC/Yahoo miss something?
Aaaahummm.... Cough Cough.....

To SBC/YAHOO.....

You can Kiss....
Kiss THIS
And I don't mean on my Rosie Red Lips!!!

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Schmit, SBC may have killed the main link, but the BB is still taking posts. :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Like we should care?

BTW: given your location could the "csm" be a military description of some type? I realize that SAT is an Air Force town but I think they've still got some silly old Army fort there :p

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
Like we should care?
No, but Dean's no longer watching the store and----

BTW: given your location could the "csm" be a military description of some type? I realize that SAT is an Air Force town but I think they've still got some silly old Army fort there :p
Yessir, it's is my the rank I held for the last 6 years of my career.. There's a few that would insist it has a more common meaning but those were the ones who "volunteered" for some extra duty.

And you're right, there is an old Cavary postr here; Ft Sam Houston.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I knew that Tim :D

Actually I have fond memories of Ft. Sam as well because we used to really enjoy kicking Army butt in pistol matches,,, and there were a couple of pretty decent Mexican eateries out that way.

And my compliments Sam... you gotta do more than just stick around to get there. I also recall from my AF days that it was never a good idea to make the first shirt unhappy with you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dean is such a softie...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
My oh my....the prodigal returneth. Glad to see you here, Jules!
Now, if we could just get aMrk and "Kodiak" Rogan to join in....I guess we could do OK without Bowden and Cate. :wink:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Let's not slight BKE - MD, PhD and pediatric hoplophobe. He wasn't a very creative debater, but he certainly entertained.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Joe Forte said:
:x Cate, Cate, Cate, what the hell is a Cate? Let us please forget! :roll:
I can't....my Colt 1991A1 is named the EradiCATEr! :lol:

Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember that the Beekster stayed on the Politics board and never darkened the SSBB....

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Richard Jefferies said:
Perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me, but I seem to remember that the Beekster stayed on the Politics board and never darkened the SSBB....
Nope, you're right… praise be the Gawds of Classic, he never came over!

That guy made a cult out of Pediatrics that would have shamed the GT faithful!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts