Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
We'll soon be calling it South Marxland.

I guess some of the rural counties could repeat history, break away and join West Virginia, which is still more or less free.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll soon be calling it South Marxland.

I guess some of the rural counties could repeat history, break away and join West Virginia, which is still more or less free.
Working on a contingency plan.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Lincoln stole part of Virginia and created the Yankee state of West Virginia.

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Lincoln stole part of Virginia and created the Yankee state of West Virginia.
It's now officially less "Yankee" than Virginia. At least until the next election.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Somebody in "the Old Dominion" needs to be told what "to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means. Send the head tyrant a good dictionary! :mad:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Walt, I was looking at WV several months ago. Some of the areas have what I consider to be extortionate prices. I was also shocked at some places that appear to have subdivisions in unlikely places. I think some of them are aimed at the DC commuters or investors. Ten or so years ago I was coming east on I66 west of Winchester very early one morning and it looked like the whole world was maybe 3-5 miles behind me, headed for DC.

It can get complicated if you're looking for places with reasonable access to good medical care. I've noted that Texas, Nevada and PA don't tax retirement income. I'm not going to Nevada. There are some others but they have "issues".

You find any promising areas, please PM me.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
William R Moore,

IF you have at least 2500.oo disposable income per month, may I suggest CAMP COUNTY, TX, especially if you are a fisherman or hunter??
(I'm from Camp County/Pittsburg BUT now reside in The Alamo City.)

Fwiw, you can buy several NICE 3-4 BR, 2 BA homes in Pittsburg for <100K each.

I PREDICT that the next WORLD'S RECORD BLACK BASS will come out of our county & I once took a 30# fork-tail cat from Bob Sandlin there.
(BIG bass out of Welch Lake & Lake Bob Sandlin are so commonplace, that you don't even get your name printed in THE PITTSBURG GAZETTE unless your Bass exceeds 15 pounds.)

I'm convinced that a record-breaking bass was caught in 2017 on a "set hook" & a live 3/4 pound Bluegill for bait, which doesn't qualify for the World's record. = A SGT in the TX Game Wardens said, "That breaks the record for sure", until he was told how it was caught.

yours, sw

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
"Set Hook" aka trotline is a favorite way to catfish in Texas. I know some idiots prefer noodling but you never know if there's a butch of water moccasins just waiting to bite in that hole. Camp County/Pittsburg would be a great choice for fishermen and pretty good for hunters. You like big cities and restaurants? Your about 2 hours East of the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex via I-30.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
csm kersh,

THAT particular set-hook was a piece of heavy monofilament with a 1/0 treble hook, sinker, toy balloon for a float & tied to a long, limber, piece of switch-cane, driven into the lake's bottom, in about 6 foot of water. = Tony B_________________ said that he was looking to catch a BIG Blue Cat & "got quite a surprise".

Btw, she was RELEASED back into Welch Lake, as bass that big are POOR to eat.

yours, sw

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts