Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody watch the first installment of the Pacific? I thought it was quite good. I was surprised that they got it right about the Marines at Guadalcanal being armed with 03 A3s.My only criticism is that some one should have told the guys packing the tripods for the watercooled Brownings the proper way to carry them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It was my understanding that the Marines went in with 1903s, not 03A3s. I have noticed 03s while watching old film clips of the island campaigns.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are probably right. I just knew they had 03s in that campaign I didn't know if they were a3s or not the ones in the film were 03A3s. I was surprised that the filmakers even knew or cared enough to arm them with bolt guns

·
Registered
822 Posts
You're correct - I had my fourth point of contact handed to me for posting something similar over a year ago.

RE: the miniseries - the focus on the two written works have (in my opinion) taken away from what was so successful about BoB - the characters and how they were developed. I'll hold of judgement until John Basilone's character is fully brought out.

Still, happy as all that this was made in the first place. Don't think Sadler is really selling the Chesty Puller character, but heck - who on the acting scene could accurately portray Chesty anyway??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts