Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally saw this last night. Not at all what I was expecting. It was actually a little better.

What it is, is yet another remake of Rio Bravo/Assault on Precinct 13. Once I realized that, I enjoyed it more, as I sort of "collect" such movies. ;)

The thing could also have been titled, How NOT to Defend Your Home and Family in an Emergency. At times it was hard to believe the stupid mistakes these people made.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Is that the movie that depicts a society where, once a year, for a day all crime is legal?
I seem to recall some TV preview .... but I'm not that sure we're really talking about the same thing.

If we are it's not surprising Hollyweird got things wrong. You know, if the pretty woman who's home was being invaded had a gun and knew how / when to use it, the movie would last five minutes, not two hours.;)

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the movie that depicts a society where, once a year, for a day all crime is legal?
I seem to recall some TV preview .... but I'm not that sure we're really talking about the same thing.

If we are it's not surprising Hollyweird got things wrong. You know, if the pretty woman who's home was being invaded had a gun and knew how / when to use it, the movie would last five minutes, not two hours.;)
Yup, that's the one.

This family has plenty of guns, and everyone seems to know how to use them, but they keep splitting up and wandering around rather than picking one spot and staying put.

Of course, as you say, it would have been a pretty boring 90 minutes.

Overall, I pretty much liked the movie. Even the music at certain points put me in mind of the original Assault on Precinct 13. And I'd say it's actually better than the 2005 remake of that movie.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
A movie about the Korean-Americans who defended themselves and their businesses during the L.A. Riots could also be interesting. Not sure Hollywood would touch it, but a Korean filmmaker's take could be interesting. Korea's got a pretty serious movie industry.

The original Fort Apache: The Bronx is a great movie. The TV show "Taxi Brooklyn" did a riff on that plot a couple weeks ago. Great concept for a film.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts