Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reruns of the old James Bond movies have been hard to miss. Spike had a New Years Bond-a-thon and AMC has been showing them recently as well. One of the movies has become conspicuious in its absence - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" with George Lazenby as Bond. Any theories on why this one hasn't seen any recent air time?

· Registered
219 Posts
It was on both the 008 days of 007 (Spike)and 24 007 (AMC). I had printed out the schedules but must have tossed them. I know I saw it listed at least three times. Being it was not one of the most popular episodes in the series it was not given the best time slots in either of the bondathons.

George Lazenby was not my favorite Bond but with Telly as Blofeld and Diana as Mrs. Bond it was aceptable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hardly ever know very far in advance when a program is going to be on TV and have not allowed TV to set my schedule for many years. I just thought it strange that I missed this one Bond movie when I've seen all the others at least three times.

George Lazenby wasn't a bad Bond, he just never got a chance to become the character. You're right about Diana Rigg though, and she might have stolen some of the movie from Lazenby.

· Registered
8,486 Posts
Sean Connery will always be James Bond, the quintessential 007.
But I will admit George Lazenby did a very good job. In fact, I think he would have been better than Roger Moore.
But he's no doubt under-rated and doesn't deserve to be forgotten, as he apparantly has.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ack, I hated George Lazenby... I agree that Sean Connery was/is the best 007... but second on the line up for me is Roger Moore.

but we all quietly want to see bond die in some massive explosion... especialy this new bond... name.. ???

I wish 'Jaws' would make a comeback and dish out an arse whoopin. :wink:

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Well, count me as the odd man out. I think that Timothy Dalton's Bond was second only to Connery. There was a harder edge about him than any other Bond, especially Moore. Brosnan's urbane smoothness is second only to Connery, but in my mind, Bond should be hard before smooth, and that's why Dalton beats out Brosnan.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richard Jefferies said:
Well, count me as the odd man out. I think that Timothy Dalton's Bond was second only to Connery. There was a harder edge about him than any other Bond, especially Moore.
I liked Dalton's Bond too but I think he's a close third behind Connery and Brosnan. Never cared much for Roger Moore's Bond. Partly because the movies became self parody and dependent on stunts and special effects in the Moore era. If they hadn't created such a pussified Bond character they wouldn't have needed to carry the stories with stupid f-x tricks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts