Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Every once in a while the good guys do get promoted.

As a matter of fact, I'd say the good guys far outnumber the asshats at the upper echelons of our armed services.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
my handle is t- star- does that tell you anything?- 4 3 2 1 - yea, I know it's a different original group, but I prefer the ventures cover of it- I have the original one with the rocket taking off-
way ahead of their time

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my handle is t- star- does that tell you anything?- 4 3 2 1 - yea, I know it's a different original group, but I prefer the ventures cover of it- I have the original one with the rocket taking off-
way ahead of their time
Those guys in the video are the Ventures T-Star. The General was their first drummer when he was 17 years old. I notice he brought his own drum sticks. From the look of his ribbons I think he's been there, and done that!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
the original telstar was done by the tornadoes- but the ventures improved upon it- my earliest ventures vinyl goes back to 63, while everybody else was listening to bleach boys( not a mistake) I was tuned into ventures- and when 5-0 was released- I still prefer the ORIGINAL recording back in 67-

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I am really impressed. Was always a fan of the Ventures but had no idea about the general. One does not get four stars being an "asshat" (that's more the provence of Captains and Majors) but you could tell the minute he sat down that he was no stranger to the sticks.

Thanks for the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts