Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
WaltGraham,

Her rifle OR you child OR perhaps BOTH??

yours, sw

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
WaltGraham,

So yours & the USMC's. = CONGRADS, Grand-Pa.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Congrats, to both you and her.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
...and God Bless her, Walt. Got a feeling she's gonna do just fine! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys - got a letter today, she said the gas chamber cleared up her sinus infection.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
csmkersh,

EXACTLY SO. = When I was a NBC guy for our MP BN in the 1970-72 period, I've seen any number of male GIs whining that they "just can't handle" being in the gas chamber.

Fwiw, most of our BN's GIs called such people: CRYBABIES.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
A really good Asian or Mexican restaurant will clean out your sinus cavities without you having to shower with your clothes on. I've had mine cleaned out by both CS and Mace. Kung Pao chicken is much nicer.

Good on both of you plus the parents.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, guys - her mother passed a while back and her father left her while she was still in the womb. She's lived with my wife and I during her diploma mill years.

She could have gone straight to Quantico after graduating from JMU but she chose to go the mustang route.

Pretty good kid but she's started eyeballing some of my guns; at least the ones that weren't lost in that tragic boating accident...

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
WaltGraham,

You must be tougher than me, as I've been "talked out of" several GREAT long-guns/handguns by my adopted daughter (who decided that my "Little MAK" was "way to girly" for me to carry), my niece/nephew & even Kathleen (my 26YO "niece of the heart", who "adopted" my 1st issue S&W Model 60).

Fyi, my "sister of the heart" (Sarah M) told "The Little Princess" that she should ask "Uncle Jim" for a rifle, as he has "lots of guns" & won't say NO to you. = "The Princess" is 12YO, btw.
(Sarah knows me all too well. - Sarah is married to "Mr. Scrooge", who "sees no point in buying a girl a rifle".)

yours, sw

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, graduation day will be one of the proudest days of my life.

And we're going for the whole 3 day deal.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where is she Walt? Quantico? Parris Island?

And what program? Is this basic or OCS or what?
"She could have gone straight to Quantico after graduating from JMU but she chose to go the mustang route."

The guy that recruited her told her that she would garner more respect as an officer if she went through boot.

And, being who she is that's what she chose.

She's in week 4 on Parris Island.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I have no idea what the "mustang route" is, but choosing to go through Marine basic is pretty impressive.

Let me know when you're going to be at Parris Island. I may try to find an excuse to swing by there.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts