Gun Hub Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Military service isn't an option for my kids; they all have asthma. My asthma was minor enough that I was able to hide it and get in. I then promptly ruined my body with a big motorcycle accident which cut my service VERY short. It's a bummer too, because all but one of my kids have tried like hell to get in and they just won't go for it.

My oldest really wanted to go Nuke in the Navy...Instead, he's now at Oregon State taking their nuclear engineering program. Daughter wanted to be a Corpsman, she got denied; she's in nursing school.

My youngest son, who is the 3rd fastest HS sprinter in Nevada has been denied. This kid is an amazing athlete but he has asthma...they won't even talk to him...he's really bummed.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
She's a grandkid, lived with us after her mother passed while she went to college.

Paid for most of it herself then ran off and joined the Corps after getting an actual hard science degree.

Now she's going to get to see and do stuff I can only imagine.

Kathy and I are quite proud of her; except for the lying about being able to come home for Christmas part... :)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Walt, what's your lance corporal up to these days?

61 - 65 of 65 Posts