Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed many people that seem to believe that some great victory was won when the GLOCK VP resigned. I don't quite see it that way.

For me, the issue was never the VP, not even what he said, but the corporate position shared by many gun manufacturers that some sort of National Gun Registry is enevitable, reasonable and even needed.

If you look at what that person has done in the past, until the 60 Minutes interview he would have been classified as one of the major supports of gun owners.

When you step back a ways and look at the incident, the results are that a very capable handgun proponent has been marginalized and yet the very basic issue, whether or not Gun Manufacturers must take a stand opposing any for of National Gun Registration, was never addressed. In fact, his firing actually is providing additional ammunition for those proposing a National Ballistics Registry.

While I believe that it is necessary to oppose any statement from any gun manufacturer that seems to approve of or promote any National Gun Registry of any sort, I believe that getting him fired was counter to our best intrest.

IMHO, we, as the general gun owning public, should be criticising GLOCK as much for firing him as for his statement. IMHO we need to get the word through to ALL gun manufacturers that the problem was the Message, not the Messenger.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
The ironic thing is the reason behind Jannuzzo leaving apparently had nothing to do with his recent statements. Dean Speir has managed to uncover that Jannuzzo and his fiancée, Monica Berecky (Glock’s Human Resources Manager) were let go because of an altercation between Jannuzzo and Gaston’s son-in-law, Herbert Weikinger (Glock’s International Sales Manager). Herbert made comments about Monica and Jannuzzo clocked him.

The problem is we didn’t hear what Gaston himself has to say. After the crap hit the fan he should have made a public statement to quiet things down and set the story straight. Unfortunately he won’t do that.

Regardless of the real reasons for Jannuzzo being let go from Glock, people in the gun industry are much closer to the stories that are circulating than the rest of the country. We see things differently and that unfortunately can distort our perspective. Sometimes we need an outsider’s point of view to give us some guidance in fighting this battle with the anti-gunners. We almost always come across as gun-toting crazies even though that is farthest from the truth.

In my opinion, the firearms industry will always be divided because there will always be those in the industry that think giving in a little to the anti’s is a good thing. Better than an all out war with them.

I prefer the give nothing approach myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fernando,
"I prefer the give nothing approach myself."

Bless you for saying that.

The so-called “realists” who call minimized defeats “compromises” or even “victories” (“we could have lost even worse!”) are as much responsible for the loss of our rights as are the Sarah Brady types. When the “compromisers” pompously claim superior intelligence in their support of our defeats it becomes clear that their belief in unchecked “democracy” (mob rule) is stronger than their belief in liberty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts