Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks,
I visit a place called G T Distributors in JAX (Formerly Jacksonville) FL, on the 14th of August in the year 2017. I discovered a Police Trade S&W 3913 "Lady Smith" 9mm, single stack pistol. I looked thrice and then bought it, $310.25 US out the door.

Returning to the scene of my "Grand Theft Semi-Auto," as the blokes on the S&W Forum referred to it on the 22nd of the same month I looked over a private trade-in Glock Model 19 Gen 2, by the numbers on the barrel produced in the remains of the former Austro-Hungarian Empire in January of the year 1989. It is in great condition with just a touch of holster wear and required little of the meticulous cleaning for which I am known.

Suddenly, last night, Sunday the 27th of August in the year 2017, I realized what I had DONE! <Insert dramatic music swiped from "Scooby Doo, Where are You" (TM) here>

YES! I had gone from a nickle plated p*ssy pistol (OK, it is polished stainless and anodizing but I use my artistic license here) and I had "got myself a GLOCK!" Tommy Lee Jones how could you do this to me!

:lol:

Attachments

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
On a more serious note, Midway has 3913 magazines with flat pads available and extended pads for back order. One extended came with the gun, I received two flat pads and I have another extended on back order. I also bought a spare grip and two spare recoil springs on recommendation.

With the Glock I picked up a Glock holster and two mag carriers from a closeout bin, the holster did not fit my S&W SW9VE so I couldn't let them go to waste. I got a single Gen4 magazine with the pistol. I got two 15 round and one 33 round Glock bulk magazines from CDNN and I got a 15 round and 17 round P-Mag magazine locally.

Geoff
Who notes these are the only guns he has bought for collection purposes..well, more than anything else.

· Registered
2,546 Posts
Easy fix. Put the 3913 (or any other suitable firearm) in a glass fronted box with a "In Case of Emergency, Break Glass" label. Hang the G**** from the box by a short chain as a glass breaker.

· Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like your Tommy Lee Jones reference Geoff. I couldn't figure out where you were headed at first.

For the sake of artistic purity, I think it was "sissy pistol", but that's a small nit to pick.
Hey, I'm partially deaf! A life spent around aireoplanes, heavy AFVs and things what goes boom.

I've never seen the movie but the clip, of variable quality, was all over the gunboards.

Geoff
Who ignores most movies because of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

· Registered
10,462 Posts
That's alright, Geoff. Being hard of hearing is sometimes an advantage especially when the wife if issuing you a choir you don't want to di. :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,134 Posts
Next step, lose that Tenifer-coated sissypistol and get yourself a... (sorry, smallest pic I could find--mods, if you need to remove I understand)

...Series 4 De-Atomizer.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
With the Gen5, I'm getting close to jumping onto the Glock-wagon. The mag release and the ambi slide releases work for me.
But first--
I may get a Hi-Point 9mm, just to see for myself how well it runs. :eek:

· Registered
2,546 Posts
When I was first diagnosed with a moderate hearing loss, I took the paperwork home and showed it to my wife. "See dear, I'm not ignoring you, I can't hear you!"

· Registered
2,134 Posts
A cop buddy over at NWFA bought a G5 to try, and found the G2-style cutout at magwell front bottom right where his pinky rests rather unpleasant.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
I simply handled one at an LGS, and it felt good to me. I didn't notice the cutout. They also had a Gen4, so I was able to compare, and noticed the finger grooves were not noticeable. The earlier mag release required me to shift my grip to reach, whereas the Gen5 release was easy to reach, but didn't seem to stick out enough to accidentally press.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.