Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Massachusetts, I guess some are not taught to respect, or are just arrogant toward the men and women that have served in the armed forces. Particularly those that served in times of war.

Local news is reporting that someone, or a group, has desecrated a memorial dedicated to Viet Nam Veterans, and those that did not come back. The memorial, a beautiful, touching stone artwork, with the names of the men and women that lost their lives during the war, is located in Worcester, MA.

It is made of granite, a porous rock. These ass wipes painted grafitti with red spray paint. The stains may never come out. Pros were called in to assess what could be done. Even if repaired, the memory of what these examples of sub-species ads for birth control did cannot be erased. They must figure the Veterans, the friends and families of the Veterans and the lost soldiers didn't have enough ugly memories and nightmares. They had to add in more.

Whoever knew about this, planned it, executed it, was in on it in any way, shape or form, better hope that the police get to them before either the Veterans or I do.

So, I offer an apology to those who have served. You have my respect, and humble thanks. Not everyone feels the way these cretens do.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Amen. So let it be written, so let it be done. Low life pieces of walking garbage, but that's what we've been cultivating since the all out permissiveness days of the 60's. Blame the victim, all that crap.

"We deserve this because of our imperialist nature."

I wonder if anyone is trying to tell the Russians that they "deserve" what happened at that school the other day?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Illegal imports arrested...

Three Arrested For Vandalism At Vietnam Memorial WORCESTER, Mass. -- Three teenagers were arrested Wednesday night and charged with spray-painting graffiti on the state's Vietnam Veterans Memorial during a weekend vandalism spree.

William F. Leite, 18, of Milford, Marcos Gonzales, 19, of Worcester, and an unnamed 15-year-old boy were also charged with vandalizing Worcester's North High School and a Dunkin' Donuts shop.

Police say the incidents occurred either late Friday night or Saturday morning, when vandals spray-painted three of the five pillars that list the names of more than 1,500 Massachusetts men and one woman who died in the Vietnam War. They also defaced a sign at the school, and the donut shop, according to Worcester police Lt. Steven M. Sargent.

Gonzales was charged with three counts of defacing public property or the property of another. The others were booked on one charge each of the same offense. The adults were to be arraigned Thursday in District Court, the 15-year-old in Juvenile Court.

Meanwhile, parks department workers continued their efforts to remove the stubborn red paint that has seeped into the granite pillars of the memorial.

Gary J. Vecchio, a member of the city's parks commission, said it was difficult to remove the paint from the names, which are carved into the rock. One of the pillars contained a letter home from a soldier who was killed in 1966.

Mayor Timothy P. Murray, who arrived at the park shortly after being notified of the damage, called the vandalism "despicable."

The memorial, on a four-acre site at Green Hill Park, is maintained by the city. It was dedicated in June 2002. (AP)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
How do you teach the youth of today about things like Honor and Respect and Patriotism?
:cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts