Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a related note, Tom Clancy should've ditched the Jack Ryan storyline/character set/timeline long ago, IMO. Has anyone here read the new Clancy novel? I started to buy it then lost interest for some reason when I saw he had a co-author for it.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Re: Just Got the New Stephen Hunter Novel!

bestseller92v2.0 said:
On a related note, Tom Clancy should've ditched the Jack Ryan storyline/character set/timeline long ago, IMO. Has anyone here read the new Clancy novel? I started to buy it then lost interest for some reason when I saw he had a co-author for it.
The only co-authored Clancy fictional work worth reading is "Red Storm Rising".

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

I just started the new Tom Clancy novel, Dead or Alive after finishing the Hunter book. So far it's been a really good read.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Daniel Watters said:
[quote="bestseller92v2.0":eek:b9tw0k3]On a related note, Tom Clancy should've ditched the Jack Ryan storyline/character set/timeline long ago, IMO. Has anyone here read the new Clancy novel? I started to buy it then lost interest for some reason when I saw he had a co-author for it.
The only co-authored Clancy fictional work worth reading is "Red Storm Rising".[/quote:eek:b9tw0k3].
I didn't know "RSR" was co-authored.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts

bestseller92v2.0 said:
[quote="Daniel Watters":1u42x6w0]The only co-authored Clancy fictional work worth reading is "Red Storm Rising".
I didn't know "RSR" was co-authored.[/quote:1u42x6w0]

The co-author was Larry Bond, who developed the "Harpoon" series of wargames. Some of the game scenarios were fleshed out to become the plot. Larry has gone on to write his own techno-thrillers.

·
Registered
527 Posts

bearcat6 said:
I just started the new Tom Clancy novel, Dead or Alive after finishing the Hunter book. So far it's been a really good read.
I don't know how a man can sit on his duff this long but...

While waiting for this book, my Father was readint Dead or Alive... he finished it in one sitting
The book arrived... he too finished it in one sitting

i can't sit still that long lol

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Personally, I think Without Remorse was the Pickett's Charge of Clancy's career--it's all been downhill from there, and Dale Brown's dropping too; about the last of the longtime reads I still stay with are Clive Cussler and Stephen Coonts, although Larry Correia (buddy from THR) is picking up a little of the slack.

Suppose I should divert my former "fiction" budget into finishing my Shakespeare library... or a few of the other classics.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Daniel Watters said:
The co-author was Larry Bond, who developed the "Harpoon" series of wargames. Some of the game scenarios were fleshed out to become the plot. Larry has gone on to write his own techno-thrillers.
And I burned a lot of hours with the original and playtesting Harpoon 2 for 360.

I may have to see if I still have it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts