Gunhub.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A&E is running a show tonight featureing Tom Selleck as Ike. My first impression is, "Magnum as Ike? no way!' But to be fair I shouldn't prejudge. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Ed

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
I saw an short interview with Tom Selleck where he was talking about the role and they showed some scenes with him as Ike. I don't know. I guess I still see Tom Selleck and Thomas Magnum after all the years. I'd have to watch the movie to better judge this one.

[IMG=left]http://www.amback.com/images/art.com/10101855.jpg[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it took a while to get past the "Magnum" expectations but all in all I thought it was a very good program. Selleck is a good bit beefier than Ike was but I thought he did a good job. Very understated and low-key.

Ed

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I must say that my favorite scene was when Monty asked Ike not to smoke in his headquarters, and Ike agrees. Enter the Royals and Churchill, who all promptly light up, and then so does Ike. Laid me out.... :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep they had a dead ringer for Monty, I'm not sure who played the part but he was excellent.

Now how about De Gaulle?

Ed

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I'm watching it now. Pretty good, but they managed to hang the flag up bass akwards...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SpecialEd said:
Yep they had a dead ringer for Monty, I'm not sure who played the part but he was excellent.

Now how about De Gaulle?

Ed
Funny thing....Selleck was too beefy to be Ike, and the actor playing De Gaulle (De Gall?) was not beefy enough.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts