Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What more can I say? If you put a gun* to my head Klugman and Randall would be my pick for greatest comedy team of all time, just for their work on The Odd Couple TV series, with Abbott and Costello running a close second. It was a wonderful life, a gift of uplifting entertainment to us all.

*Your choice of gun. I know nothing about guns, although I hope to know a little bit someday. Well, that's not really true, I know a little about guns. They shoot these projectile thingys called bullets. :duh:

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Bloof,

It is sad to read of the passing of Tony Randall, he was a fantastic actor.

On your rankings of comedy teams --- there are other duo's that rank higher than Klugman and Randall. From the more modern era the first that comes to my mind are Tim Conaway and Harvey Korman<sp?>. They are actually doing a tour this fall doing some of their best comedy bits/skits from through the years -- I already ordered tickets for their show in Pittsburgh on Nov 7.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't argue with a fan of another mighty duo, Conway and Korman. Having spent quite a bit of time watching Carol Burnett in the early to mid 70's, I know of what you speak. Always been a big Tim Conway fan, and I saw something about their current doings recently on TV. I was very happy to see that these two are still going strong.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Bloof --

I grew up watching the Carol Burnett Show faithfully!! The best thing about that duo is that they were both into comedy -- no straightman. Alot of comedy duos thru the ages have consisted of a comedian and a straightman. I always thought of Tony Randall as more of a straightman. He was an acclaimed Broadway actor besides his TV work.

This thread is bringing back alot of good memories!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good memories, indeed. Speaking of The Giants Of Comedy, did they get any bigger than Alan King?

They're almost all gone now. :(

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the memories Boss, one of my favorite scenes. Seen every episode at least five times, and that was before the 70's ended!!! Don't watch it anymore, saturation set in some time during the early 80's. :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts