Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "softer recoiling" thread has now grown to an unmanageable size. Someone new would have to wade through hundreds of replies before concluding that the title was not telling them much.

Let's start a new, appropriately named, thread when it departs from the original title.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
:lol: Charley, it happens in all the forums - TFL and THR. I was a moderator on both.

One of the great things about this board is the individual knowledge level is so high (except mine). That can really lead things down the goat path as we get so few beginner questions here. Beginner stuff stays on line a bit more as the questions are way less multifaceted.

Agree completely that a bit of self policing can keep things on a smoother track. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
But Charlie!
Drifting is the latest and greatest thing in motorsports! Just ask any teenybopper!

Geoff
Who is a notorious drifter who can't leave a lead line lay.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Charlie, would you rather have "new" threads each day that ask the same, lame questions? With maybe, oh, 80% that could be answered if the poster would read the owners manual that came with the weapon?

That said, I was thinking about a thread about the mental gymnastics of the liberals/press suggested by Mr. Marlowes & my recollections about "civilized police". Nature, nurture or mental aberration?

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charlie, would you rather have "new" threads each day that ask the same, lame questions? With maybe, oh, 80% that could be answered if the poster would read the owners manual that came with the weapon?
My experience has been that the idiots don't last long around here and I would much rather trust the intelligence of our regulars on posting. Snake is very good at politely saying "jerk"... :thumbsup:

One of the things on which I pride myself is dealing with newbies and those who really want to learn something and lame questions are part of that process. I consider that part of my duty if I want to protect the shooting sports.

Trust me after 30 years on answering questions sent into "The Dope Bag" I've gotten good at it. When I get something that is answered in the manual I'll give them the 800 number for the company so they can get one... :ehsmile:

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Each forum has its specialty and this forum seems to be defensive handguns and the use of same. Where that is concerned, this forum is leaps and bound above the rest both in knowledge and general conduct of the discussions.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
Snake is very good at politely saying "jerk"... :thumbsup:
I don't so much say it sometimes as just politely encourage the jerk to take just one more giant step into jerkitude on his own.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Charlie, I understand your point. You'd like the posters on this board to possess enough self discipline to keep a thread on topic.

But darn it if some of the most entertaining (and informative) threads I've read here have been those "Squirrel!!" threads.

Okay, for those of you without kids or grandkids, or any other excuse a grown man needs to watch a cartoon, what I mean is this; in the movie "Up!", the protaganists find a talking dog. The dog is explaining to his new friends who he is and where they are when, in mid sentence, he comes to attention, swivels his head 90 degrees and says "Squirrel!!"...then 5 seconds later picks up the conversation where he left off.

Sometimes our best ideas are kinda stream of consciousness things that just hit us,especially when I'm late on my meds.

Not that this post is an example of that or anything. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
Why do you think I let it run as long as I did... :?:
For the last three pages of that one, I've had to fight the urge to post "This is truly the thread that will never die." :lol:

Hey, is it possible to have topic drift in a thread titled "Topic Drift"? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Snake45 said:
Charlie Petty said:
Why do you think I let it run as long as I did... :?:
Hey, is it possible to have topic drift in a thread titled "Topic Drift"? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I certainly tried!

Geoff
Who is careful but can't resist a lead line, I must be a frustrated commedian!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts