Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watch the premiere last night?

I did, not expecting much, and was very pleasantly surprised. I've paid money to see feature films of a similar theme/subject and they weren't nearly as entertaining, engrossing, or well presented.

Dunno how long they can keep up this level of quality, interest and intensity before jumping a shark of some kind, but for now, I'm in. They might repeat this one before the series "officially" starts in a couple weeks but in the meantime you can go to the FOX website and see the whole episode.

Recommended and definitely Snakeworthy. ;)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I saw the previews and passed, but a Snakeworthy recommendation gets it a shot.

I'll check it out on the web.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I did Snake, and you're right.

I guess I was expecting another "24" but Mr. Sutherland actually can act.

Very touching ending.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very touching ending.
Well put! ;)

It kinda looks like maybe, somewhat in the manner of the old Quantum Leap, the kid and dad will every week get dropped into a new person's set of problems to solve with their unique talents. That could get old fairly quickly, but as I said the initial episode was quite well done and entertaining and I'll stick with it for a while, anyway.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I just caught up on CSI, who just lost one of the most hauntingly beautiful women in TV in exchange for another, yet to be introduced. IMDb.

Much wasteful blasting with Stargate Surplus P-90s. Followed by X-files style massive repairs in no time at all.

Geoff
Whose disbelief was not well suspended.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
No, I missed the first running of "Touch". Didn't mean to, I really wanted to catch it...I really like Keifer.

But I have caught the first two (Three really...the premiere was two episodes run back to back) of Alcatraz. I really like this one so far. The big guy from Lost does a good job portraying an academic confronting real human on human evil for the first time, and realizing it must be fought.

It's a creepy scenario, and like Snake said about "Touch", I don't know how long they can keep it running effectively, but...

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But I have caught the first two (Three really...the premiere was two episodes run back to back) of Alcatraz. I really like this one so far. The big guy from Lost does a good job portraying an academic confronting real human on human evil for the first time, and realizing it must be fought.
I've seen all three eps and it's not bad. Driving me crazy, though, that the female lead is driving a '68 Bullitt Mustang clone and so far no one has said one word about it. ("Hey, what's the deal with your cool 45-year old car?")

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I just caught up on CSI, who just lost one of the most hauntingly beautiful women in TV in exchange for another, yet to be introduced. IMDb.

Much wasteful blasting with Stargate Surplus P-90s. Followed by X-files style massive repairs in no time at all.
Geoff
Whose disbelief was not well suspended.
I didn't see the point in that; the repair work was so obvious that anyone closely inspecting the room (as they must have known CSI people do) could have easily picked out the filled bullet pocks, and the UV light revealed cleaned-up blood stains.
If they had used an effective handgun they might have saved themselves a lot of time & work for very little gain ......:rolleyes::confused:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I've seen all three eps and it's not bad. Driving me crazy, though, that the female lead is driving a '68 Bullitt Mustang clone and so far no one has said one word about it. ("Hey, what's the deal with your cool 45-year old car?")
Car? She has a car? Hell, I kept looking at her...uhhh, gotta go....wife just walked in. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pilot/premiere will be repeated tomorrow (Thursday) night at 9, for those of you who missed it the first time around. Highly recommended and Snakeworthy--at least the first one.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot to mention, at least the first time it was shown, it ran longer than an hour. I think maybe an hour and 7 minutes, something like that. Be advised--wouldn't want anyone to miss the ending.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hey, Snake! Apparently, the makers of this show are going to give Steve McQueen and "Bullitt" their props in the season finale. :D

'Alcatraz' Shooting 'Bullitt' Car-Chase Homage | TheWrap TV

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:duh: All I get is a black screen and "DONE" in the lower bar. :duh:
It wouldn't come up for me at all. But I googled "alcatraz bullitt" and got a number of different sources for the same story. I'll be watching for it!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Fox's "Alcatraz" is seizing on its San Francisco setting by reproducing the classic car-chase scene from "Bullitt."

The series, in which a group of investigators track down former "Alcatraz" prisoners who somehow re-emerge in the present day, finds star Sarah Jones -- in Steve McQueen-style turtleneck -- chasing a suspect through the same hilly streets McQueen muscled down 44 years ago. Yes, 44 years ago. The Mustang is a little bigger this time, and a stuntwoman, Shauna Duggins, does the actual driving.

Linky.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Walt, that's the same link Irishcop posted and ----surprise!!!!! --- has the exact same results clicking on his link has..... NADA.;)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Walt, that's the same link Irishcop posted and ----surprise!!!!! --- has the exact same results clicking on his link has..... NADA.;)
Thanks to Walt for backing me up...:D

And thanks to Tommy for showing me that I didn't screw up! ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts