Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a bear of a time getting the op rod off, the dismount slot is in the rear under the sight and there just is no play to get it off. Any tips? About to break out the pliers.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Same problem with mine. It requires some pulling and what amounts to almost bending in the exact same manner you would use with an M1. My M1 almost falls off but my M1A is a b******.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
One more with a problem child. The op-rod on the M14 I trained with back in '75 would lift right out with a little twist; same with my M1. My M1A, though, sorely tries my patience.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
shep854 said:
One more with a problem child. The op-rod on the M14 I trained with back in '75 would lift right out with a little twist; same with my M1. My M1A, though, sorely tries my patience.
your m14 had a notch in the lower rail that allowed this- the m1a et al does not- it's at the back and twist a lot- incidentally, up here , that's one of the "signs" that the "inspectors" look for to seperate the real m14s from the true semi-autos- the notched bottom rail- funny thing is that i have a notched rail on my non-restricted norinco

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
t-star said:
shep854 said:
your m14 had a notch in the lower rail that allowed this- the m1a et al does not- it's at the back and twist a lot- incidentally, up here , that's one of the "signs" that the "inspectors" look for to seperate the real m14s from the true semi-autos- the notched bottom rail- funny thing is that i have a notched rail on my non-restricted norinco
It is feasible to have a competent gunsmith add the notch in the lower rail? If someone has a close up picture of a rifle with both notches, I would like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
don't know if i wouldn't be concerned about the LEGALITY of it- i know it's only a notch, but you KNOW how finicky the batf is- hate to see you with a class 3 b/c of a mistake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts