1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I recently purchased a Turkish pistol, the Canik TP9SFx, and was so impressed that I bought another, similar, model. In my opinion the Turks are one of the value centers in firearms today, manufacturing some fine products at extremely reasonable prices. I don't have six hundred dollars invested in the two handguns combined, and they have been a joy to shoot. They feature Warren Tactical sights and the fit, finish, and workmanship are first class.

I have a few pretty nice pistols, but these days when I feel like taking a nine millimeter to the range for casual plinking I frequently just throw one of the Caniks in the bag.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
DavidE,

Personally, I'd sooner have a "handpicked" REAL Beretta 92S (EX-Italian Navy) from www.classicfirearms.com for 279.oo plus 20.oo to any of the various clones or even the civilian version of the M9.

ALL of the "handpicks", that I've seen, LOOK/shoot as new. = Evidently the Italian Navy bought a large number of the pistols but the vast majority of the 92S were never issued.

yours, sw

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
To All,

Also, have any of our members actually bought/fired the TISAS REGENT BR9?? = Nobody that I know of in San Antonio has even SEEN one of the Turkish BHP "clones" in person.

yours, sw

·
Registered
806 Posts
Friend of mine who knows a thing or two about Hi Power's has a Tisas HP and he's fairly impressed. Seems to be about the equal of an FEG, which is to say; one damn good Hi Power.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
GunGeek,

Fwiw, I've had an Israeli surplus HP "on back order" since before Christmas & may look into the FR9, as it looks like that the Israeli Air Force one will never arrive.

yours, sw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts