Gun Hub Forums banner

Ukraine Sanctions: The end of Wolf ammo in the US?

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Kevin Gibson 
#1 · (Edited)
Given the new sanctions on Russia, it seems gun imports have been cut off from Russia. I wonder if this means all the Russian-made ammo will be cut off as well? A lot of Wolf gets used at ranges around here.

How America's new sanctions on Russia affect American gun owners - The Washington Post

Huge run on ammo amid fears Obama will cut Russian bullet imports | WashingtonExaminer.com

Is the Examiner story of the "Ammo runs" on Russian ammo bull roar? Has anyone seen any personal experience of people running on the Russian ammo, or just shrugging and going on as usual about things?

#4 ·
I still don't get why we're not working up ways to export Liquid Natural Gas to Europe, to get them off depending on Russia, and transfer that cash from Putin to us, which would defund the Russians and help our economy.

Not to mention sending US Coal in place of Russian Coal, which could start immediately. This would have similar economic effects on Russia and on the U.S. economy.

This would be huge in removing Russian influence from European politics, and it is boggling that nothing is being done there.

#10 ·
Oh .. and on topic ..

Talked to multiple distributors I deal with and none have seen a real rush on AK's or ammo ... Many attribute that to Sandy Hook and the previous sanctions on Ukraine/Russia and it seems that nearly everyone that wanted an AK has already laid one or more in ... and the ammo has been in the same boat!

#13 ·
I have been VERY happy with Russian ammunition. I hear gripes all the time, but I've yet to have any issues. Now admittedly most of the grips come from .223 shooters, and I don't shoot much .223. But I have fired steel cased .223 and it worked just fine for me, and shot rather well. The Russian 7.62x39 is some of the cleanest ammuniton of any brand of any cartridge I've ever shot. The last batch of Wolf 7.62x39 I had you could run 100 rounds through your rifle and see no evidence it had been fired. And Wolf is more accurate in my AK than Winchester...so much for the idea of inferior ammunition.

I also found Wolf 9mm fell right into the middle of all the big names for accuracy. And of late I test drove some Tula .30 Carbine which worked flawlessly and seemed to be no less accurate than anything turned out by the big boys.

With two kids in school, I haven't reloaded in a good 6 years; I just don't have the time. Sold off my Dillon 650 & 1050...just thought it was a crime to have them sitting there collecting dust. So I will really miss Russian ammunition.

And the reloaders who discovered Wolf primers will be awfully sad; those were good primers and they were cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.