Gunhub.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MP calls Radio 4 listeners 'bastards' over vigilante vote

It was trailed as a "unique chance to rewrite the law of the land." Listeners to BBC Radio 4's Today programme were asked to suggest a piece of legislation to improve life in Britain, with the promise that an MP would then attempt to get it onto the statute books.

But yesterday, 26,000 votes later, the winning proposal was denounced as a "ludicrous, brutal, unworkable blood-stained piece of legislation" - by Stephen Pound, the very MP whose job it is to try to push it through Parliament.

Mr Pound's reaction was provoked by the news that the winner of Today's "Listeners' Law" poll was a plan to allow homeowners "to use any means to defend their home from intruders" - a prospect that could see householders free to kill burglars, without question.

"The people have spoken," the Labour MP replied to the programme, "... the bastards."

Having recovered his composure, Mr Pound told The Independent: "We are going to have to re-evaluate the listenership of Radio 4. I would have expected this result if there had been a poll in The Sun. Do we really want a law that says you can slaughter anyone who climbs in your window?"
Equally instructive was the Labor's MP reaction about "re-evaluating the listenership" of that particular radio station.

When the hell was Great Britain lost anyhow?!?

The entire story: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/media/story.jsp?story=477413

G

·
0 Posts
What I think we should do would be ironic.... we should invade England, make them a Colony and restore the peoples Rights. A Reverse Revolution! :D

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schmit said:
…we should invade England, make them a Colony and restore the peoples Rights. A Reverse Revolution!
I wuz thinkin' that very thing! A kinda "Churchill, we are here" type of thing!

Except that probably 80% of those blighters don't even realize that they're lost! We'll have an easier time of winning the hearts and minds of the Iraquis!

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
DeanSpeir said:
Except that probably 80% of those blighters don't even realize that they're lost! We'll have an easier time of winning the hearts and minds of the Iraquis!
Dean, go by talk.politics.guns and watch the stupidity that comes out of England, Australia and New Zealand. We are hated as much by them as by the Muslims.

·
Registered
517 Posts
csmkersh said:
Dean, go by talk.politics.guns and watch the stupidity that comes out of England, Australia and New Zealand. We are hated as much by them as by the Muslims.
I don't doubt it. I once told one of my British friends that I had gone shooting. They started calling me "Bad" like I was a dog. "Bad chavous. Bad bad chavous... No chavous."

Geez...

G

·
0 Posts
Dean, go by talk.politics.guns and watch the stupidity that comes out of England, Australia and New Zealand.
We get at least a couple UKers on Holiday into our range each month to rent a gun... they must be the smart ones huh? A few of them have been repeat customers, coming in to shoot each time they are in town.

Had these two families come in, Husband, Wife, Daughter and another Husband, Wife and Son. All the women were very lovely and with a great sense of humor... when I asked them if they have ever shot one of the ladies chimed in wuickly "Of course, I Irish and grew up there!!"

Everytime we get UKers in I'm most pleasent with them and help them out as much as possible. When they leave I give each of them one of our Store's Tri-Fold Ads so they can take it back and show their friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts