Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of considerable interest on several fronts…
American Ammunition Interviewed by WallStreetReporter via COMTEX

MIAMI 19 April 2004

American Ammunition, Inc. (OTCBB:AAMI) announced that its President and Chief Executive Officer was interviewed April 15, 2004, by Scott Banks of the WallStreetReporter. The audio interview can be heard on their website: (http://www.wallstreetreporter.com). Review of developmental history and topics such as company focus, future goals, and where it finds itself within the industry were a few of the topics covered.

Andres Fernandez, President and CEO of AAMI, stated that, "We are pleased that the public has an interest in our Company. We are proud to have an opportunity to be able to share information regarding AAMI with the public sector."

About American Ammunition, Inc.

AAMI is an autonomous manufacturer of ammunition, with the technology and equipment to take advantage of the growing market. It has an excellent reputation within the industry. The ammunition industry has experienced a 28% average increase in revenues annually between 1991 through 1998, and the trend is expected to continue through the year 2005 and beyond. For further product information, please call 1-305-835-7400 or visit the website at: (http://www.a-merc.com) For Investor Relations information, please call: 1-305-446-4800 or E-mail: ([email protected]).
A missed "About American Ammunition, Inc." link under the heading of "Full Disclosure" would be any of several pages in the Glock section of TGZ.

A-MERC's History is intriguing: it was incorporated in California 1 February 2000 as Firstelevision.com, then underwent a name change to FBI Fresh Burgers International on 26 May 2000 and subsequently to American Ammunition, Inc. on 2 October 2001, three days after it had acquired F&F Equipment Inc. (d/b/a American Ammunition) which had been incorporated in Florida on 4 October 1983. A subsidiary of A-MERC's is Industrial Plating Enterprise Company, and I imagine that it is this enterprise which coats the lead projectiles American Ammo uses with their home-grown (as opposed to the IMI matériel they import) rounds.
  1. Upon information and belief, AAMI was taken public by some former friends associates of Señor Coelho;
    [/*:m:23bnvz12]
  2. American Ammunition Signs Letter of Intent to Acquire Assets of Triton Ammunition Corporation. (An interesting inclusion here is the notation that
    Both Hi-Vel and Quik-Shok were designed by Tom Burczynski, who has been ranked as one of the three best bullet designers in the world.
    I realize they're hedging their bets here and not wanting to irk either Alan Corzine or Dave Schluckebier, but c'mon already!)
  3. The very personable son of El Presidente Fernandez glommed on to me at NRACon last month when Rob and I passed by their floor exhibit (they seem to have left the Triton banner back in Florida this trip) and asserted, most genially, that his Dad was most desirous of speaking with me… the young man recalled me and recalled that his Dad and I had spoken at SHOT several years back… Paul Goebel, the Sales Manager who had started to blow some smoke up our collective butts in Las Vegas until I introduced Fernando as the founder of Triton, was also there but visibly shrank from the conversation and looked muy uncomfortable;
  4. It looks like Familia Fernandez will be a worthy inheritor of Señor Coelho's enterprise as each seems to have a graduate level degree from US&M¹ in OPM².[/*:m:23bnvz12]
Other related News Items… My buddy Dean Caputo got me started on this when he forwarded a link to a post of his in the American Ammunition thread on RagingBull.com, a site I am unfamiliar with since I don't dabble in anything involving stock-trading after an unfortunate experience 20 years ago with that suck-sucking low-life stock-swindler Robert Brennan (First Jersey Securities), the originator of the anti-gun "Death Clock" in NYC³!

That Raging Bull AAMI thread is both interesting and amusing reading… there's one character on there ("TonyClifton9," Posts #758 and #763) who's lucky that there aren't Cuban Death Squads out looking for him! (Wasn't "Tony Clifton" the alter-ego of the late Andy Kaufman?)

O, and while I'm at it, for the edification of those who require deconfusing about TIO, the late TII and David Crane (a/k/a "The Young and The Hapless"), I should point out that this is exactly what The Industry Intelligencer does… delve into small arms reports and trot out whatever miscellaneous erudition might have been collected over the years.

<-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=->
¹.- Universidad of Smoke & Mirrors, but in fairness to our host, I never had a kB! report, documented or otherwise, involving a Triton product.

².- Other People's Money.

³.- The bastid started this anti-gun campaign because his brother was shot to death by a handgun. Among other things he failed to disclose was that the handgun was wielded by an on-duty Sheriff's Deputy after a high-speed chase!

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
My first impression is that the company is very efficient at getting their press releases run as "news".

Not long ago I received some unsolicited samples and subsequently learned that American Ammuntion had asked the ad people at my publisher for the names of some of their writers.

So far the only ammo I have used has been 223 and 50 rounds functioned fine but had an extreme velocity spread of 300 fps which is pretty high.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
For the record, Tom Burczynski designed the Quik-Shok bullet marketed by Triton but not the Hi-Vel line. Hi-Vel was the name we gave to the hollow point ammunition marketed by Triton prior to us releasing the Quik-Shok. With Triton about to release the Quik-Shok line into the ammo market, we needed to give a name to our existing product line. That name was Hi-Vel. The Hi-Vel line early on utilized bullets from Nosler and Sierra. We also used plated bullets made for us by Rainier Ballistics. Later, when we contracted with Hornady to produce our Quik-Shok bullets, the entire Hi-Vel line switched over to bullets based on the Hornady XTP. I had worked very closely with David Diaz, an engineer at Hornady, on the design of the “Triton XTP” as they called it. From the antimony content of the lead core to the shape and depth of the cavity in the hollow point, that was my doing. Those specifications were also used for the Quik-Shok line. Furthermore, the majority of the testing of the Hi-Vel, Quik-Shok and later the Hi-Master lines were done in-house at Triton’s facility. When I say testing, I’m referring to the pressure testing, load development, function testing, and ordnance gelatin tests. Our own Schmit was heavily involved in the gelatin testing and data recovery associated with it. While Tom Burczynski invented the Quik-Shok bullet, it was Triton that determined what bullet weights we would utilize for a given caliber and the velocities for those given weights.

I’m not trying to take anything away from Tom or his accomplishments. Tom is, IMHO, the best bullet designer in the world. I was very proud to have Tom on the Triton team. He even helped me with the designing of the .40 SIG cartridge that we later redesigned and released as the .40 Super. But since the folks at American Ammunition are trying to rewrite history, I thought the record should be set straight by the founder of Triton.

Also for the history books, it was our own Dean Speir that first put me in touch with Tom Burczynski. It was Dean’s “You’ve out Pi’d Peter, now you need your own bullet” fax that started it all. Thank you Dean.

Fernando

G

·
Hmmmm, :idea:

Wonder if they still have my Resume.... may have to put in a call to Jack Ballas... now where did I put his cell number?

:twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts