Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Unissued 1903/1903-A3 stock package from Numrich Arms and it came with a sight protector, disassembly tool, and pull thru cleaner.
They advertised it as Unissued and the stock is in great shape.
In the barrel channel it is marked "K" and on the butt stock it is marked "K" , "U" and "A" where the buttplate would go. It was $150

Can anyone tell who made the stock and if it is USGI.

Here is the link
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp ... erSKU=&MC=

Thanks
Ruel

Here is the public folder if I go over my limit:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=965508

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
It's a bummer that it has the cutout for the A3 rifle... I was hoping to get a stock for my 03 but not if they have that cutout :-(

G

·
0 Posts
Nice looking stock, too bad they didn't have any HG's. Be sure too update us after finishing it.

Karsten

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is slight discoloration on the other side and near the piston grip/trigger area that shows up when wiped down with mineral spirits. Probably from moisture and mildew from long term storage because the stocks have no finish.

Can this be cleaned up or should I exchange this for another one? :(

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
stock is probably a keystone stock but the marks aren't in the exact locations you would expect. keystone made stocks for remington 03a3s and 03a4s

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gunluvver said:
Sarco has new handguards for 19.50 . P/N SPF041
Thanks for the legwork.
Now I don't have to surf the net trying to locate new ones.

Keystone. Cool it is USGI then. I'm trying to put my Greek return 1903-A3 into a better stock to replace the missmatching and missnumbered side sling swival stock. All the metal was refinished during an arsenal rebuild and is in 95% condition and I want the rifle to look like new.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
really you're getting rid of the greek stock. i bought my greek just because it had the side sling swivels. it's a most interesting variation.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just ordered a straight stock and a few hardware pieces to complete my Smith Corona 03a3. I split the hardware order between Sarco and GPC after comparing prices and Sarco has the new handguards. GPC is all out.
J. DeChristopher also has new 03 and 03a3 handguards. 03a3's were 20.00 and a box of 10 WW2 03 handguards was 45.00. He advertises in the Shotgun News. His prices were high on a lot of his parts but he also covers Krags and Trapdoors. His e mail is [email protected].

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Look in the cut where the cutoff fits in the "down" position - if a "K" it is a Keystone stock - if an "S", made at Springfield.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is no "K" or "S" near the magazine cutoff area on the stock.
The only place that has a "K" is the buttpad area and the barrel channel.

Would this stock still be made by Keystone?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got my stock today! Good looking stock, needing final sanding and the upper band screw hole drilled. I also have some staining on the side of the stock, like mildew spots. Also the only markings my stock has is an "E" in the barrel channel. The included sight hood is marked with an "S" which is reverse stamped, leaving the S raised. The upper band and stacking swivel band That I ordered were both unmarked, the upper was parked and the swivel band was blued. Both were unused. Now the dilemma: I have a beautiful SA GAW marked scant stock that came on my rebuilt SA 03, an "S" marked finger groove stock that has seen better days with the markings sanded off, a sanded RA marked o3a3 straight grip pinned stock, and this new one. I wanted to put the scant on my SC 03a3 but it won't fit with the Lyman sight without trimming, the other ones will. I really wanted a finger groove for the 03, but the stock I have won't do it justice. I guess I'll use this new one on the 03, the scant on my Remy 03a3, and the RA marked stock on the SC 03a3. Any input?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used this stuff to get the mildew off from the stock. It got the mildew out with no problems. But it will bleach the wood to a light color. All you have to do is sand the light area of the wood to get it back to the natural color.

I'm not sure but this product might just be plain bleach that Behr sells as deck prep. It was under $4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts