Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Spanish language cable network Univision, which has covered the drug war violence in Mexico far more than other US-Based networks, is reportedly close to issuing an investigative report on the Fast and Furious scandal that is reportedly very in depth and being called a "bombshell." As per the link belie, ABC News is reportedly watching the Univision reporting very closely.

Video: Preview of Univision's "bombshell" report on Fast & Furious « Hot Air

<http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/29/video-univisions-bombshell-report-on-fast-furious/>

Be warned that Univision has shown very graphic crime scene stuff here, as they have in past reports, unlike a lot of other US News channels so be warned before you click. It seems they have US sources, including ATF sources, coming forward to talk about the program and the way it operated as well as resistance to the idea from field agents on the US-Mexico border.

Univision recently got a lot of attention for an interview with U.S. President Barack Obama where they questioned him very seriously on issues like the economy, immigration and recent events in Libya. It is speculation but I wonder if the investigation they were doing here influence them on that. Their take is certainly different in tone from most of the other media sources out there, though CBS and Fox have also been tough on their reporting, this is adding very graphic stuff, on camera interviews with sources inside the U.S. Government, and a very tough line of reporting.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I'm still convinced the whole thing was a plot by the administration to impose more gun laws on us. I think they will stoop to anything to advance their agenda.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
This is pretty telling if it should play out

In a letter sent to O'Reilly's attorney Thursday, Issa and Grassley state that O'Reilly's "sudden transfer" to Iraq took him out of pocket in their investigation, and placed him in a position that had already been given to somebody else, raising "serious questions about O'Reilly's assignment in Baghdad (and) the motivation for his transfer there." &#8230;
"Given that O'Reilly was the link connecting the White House to the scandal, and that the President subsequently asserted executive privilege over the documents pertaining to Fast and Furious, it is imperative that the American people get to the bottom of O'Reilly's involvement with Fast and Furious," says the letter to O'Reilly's attorney.

Video: Preview of Univision's "bombshell" report on Fast & Furious « Hot Air

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
bearkat6,

I'm convinced that it's even more SLIMY than that. = After talking to my adopted daughter's elder brother (Alejandro still lives in Mexico & is a high official in the PIR), i believe that F&F was at least 3 things:
1. an attempt to get more "gun control laws" passed here,
2. an attempt to raise more campaign funds for the DNC, DNCC & other leftist causes
AND
3. a "personal piggy bank" for the "insiders" of the BHO regime.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
DavidE,

FRIGID is the word for DC-DF relations these days, according to Alejandro.
(fyi, he travels only in an armored vehicle, with 4-8 armed guards, who are retired Mexican commandos & he always has a pair of Colt's GM in .38 Super on his person, too.)

fyi, Alejando describes BHO thusly: A WEAK, GUTLESS, ARROGANT LADRON.

yours, satx

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
bearcat6,

Alejandro says that the number of DEAD Mexicans, from F&F, is numbered in the HUNDREDS, including many police officers, soldiers & government officials. He says that the number of wounded/maimed is un-numbered but MANY.

imVho, the BHO "misadministration" has done SERIOUS/PERMANENT/IRREVERSABLE damage to our relations with the Republic of Mexico. = Mexicans, in my experience, have long memories for "slights"/wrongs & neither forgive nor forget.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SW, give our best to Alejandro, and I am glad you point out that effect on US/Mexico relations as it has not been covered at all in the bulk of the US Media.

Univision is also now expanding their coverage to other programs that sent guns to criminals, this time the "Operation Cast Away" program that focused on running arms to Central America. The avoidance of this story by the bulk of the US media has, like their ignorance of the events during and leading up to the Libya attack on our Consulate, become inexcusable.

Univision Exposes Bloody Fast and Furious Carnage and New Info in Special - Katie Pavlich

"...They detailed the different gunwalking programs DOJ and ATF were engaged in, including Operation Cast Away out of Florida where guns went to M-16 gang members in Honduras, Colombia and Puerto Rico."

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
DavidE; all,

"give your best to" - i will do that, when next i talk to Alejandro.
(i usually only talk to him when Noemi's Mexican "birth family" is "having a problem" & she is planning to travel there. - several of her birth family are both old/sick & her traveling down there "to see about them" makes me CRAZY, given the current "state of lawlessness" down there & the possibility that "something unfortunate" might happen to her.)

the TRUTH is that i no longer trust anything said by "the mainstream media" (absent independent proof), as i know too much about what they KNOWINGLY lie about and "cover up" on any number of subjects. = just ONE example is the knowing "cover up" of Obama's lies about the mess in Libya & Egypt.
(Does anyone reading this really believe that the slaughter of/injuries to several of our embassy people in Libya was caused,even in part, by a "movie", which nobody has actually seen?)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
To me the thing that is most interesting (aside from the fact that Univision was able to dig up things that the MSM was unable or unwilling to) was that in spite of testimony before Congress that F&F was a "rouge" operation out of Arizona they report that it was also being done in Texas and Florida. Weapons from these places have reportedly turned up in Columbia, Honduras and Venezuela.

Source

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hmmm, new slogan for them? "Univision: doing Journalism the gringos won't do..." LOL

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
To me the thing that is most interesting (aside from the fact that Univision was able to dig up things that the MSM was unable or unwilling to) was that in spite of testimony before Congress that F&F was a "rouge" operation out of Arizona they report that it was also being done in Texas and Florida. Weapons from these places have reportedly turned up in Columbia, Honduras and Venezuela.

Source
F&F was a operation about womens' make-up??:confused::dunno::ek::cluebat::eek:mg::roll:

OK OK sorry about the jab. You mean "rogue."
Sarah Palin knows all about this error . . . . . :sm_angel:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts