Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Isn't this place covered by the NY anti-discrimination laws? Doesn't that mean we can't keep the bots out...

Geoff
Who notes they buy neither a pint nor a 'nosh...b'gosh!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need another Florida Fruckus in Manatee. You think Lil'38 is still around?
Mike who takes the highroad.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
P5 Guy said:
We need another Florida Fruckus in Manatee. You think Lil'38 is still around?
Mike who takes the highroad.
Hey guy. Long time no see...

Got little money and less time, sigh.

Geoff
Who has to go to work, "Marching tired and hot..."

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me too
I'm hoping all is going well for you and yours.
Keep an eye out for them bots spiders and what nots

G

·
I for one welcome our bot overlords. :p Ask Jeeves [Bot], DaninDayton, djl4570, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSN [Bot], RMc, Yahoo [Bot]

·
Registered
115 Posts
djl4570

I don't think I'm bot (I think, therefore, I am?). And the only thing I overlord is my beagle and my belt buckle. :D

I just lurk a lot.

DaninDayton
ilurkalot

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
If you look at the members logged on at any given time, you will see something like Yahoo![bot] logged in as a user, and others. I do believe that certain bots are permitted and necessary by the owners of the site, because of interaction between sites for commercials purposes, common interests, legal agreements between purveyors, hosts, etc. A "bot" specifically is a non-human computerized connection to a site for the purposes of harmless observation, data collection and interaction with that site, perhaps even as stated above by legal agreement, or in some cases a harmful connection hoarding and downloading data and making observations of a site for nefarious purposes. People of course, monitor all computer operations, and data collected by bots can be used by the hackers who send out certain bots to disrupt a site or use the information gathered to steal identities and wreak general havoc on web sites or in peoples' lives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts