Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers are debating whether to designate a semiautomatic pistol as the official gun of Utah, despite protests from people who believe it's inappropriate because of recent mass shootings.

The bill to make the Browning M1911 the official gun breezed through a committee hearing this week and is scheduled to be debated by the full House as early as Wednesday.

Republican Rep. Carl Wimmer said the state should have the gun as one of its state symbols to honor John Browning, a Utah native who invented it in 1911.

The rest of the story...

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Special Ed,

frankly, i think that it's "a HOOT" that any state would have a "official state pistol".

these official anythings (beyond bird/motto/song) are FUNNY, imVho. = one nearby state has an official state WORM.

otoh, while the "elected critters of government" are messing about with designating this sort of NONSENSE, our economy is headed DOWNHILL fast, so maybe it's NOT funny in the least.

yours, sw

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like a state cooking pot? :D

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Special Ed,

YEP. - i saw that in "the washington COMpost" yesterday. = had to LOL.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Whatever distracts the pols from anything that can further (negatively) disturb the current economy is a good thing. Besides, state legislators have little to do with the causes of the current problems.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
William R Moore; all,

actually state legislatures have a LOT to do with the current mess that we are in & that will soon be FAR worse. ===> they spend & spend on need-LESS boondoggles & then demand that the feds to bail them out of the mess that they made, when pandering to their "special interests".
(as i write these lines, THREE states are teetering on the edge of bankruptcy & those states are demanding that the Congress bail them out of their own mess.)

IF the government entities at ALL levels just stopped wild spending & cut back on their appetite for our $$$$$$$$, we could soon fix the mess that the elitists/LEFTISTS/statists have made.

to all: IF you are mad & disgusted with the mess that the leftists/"progressives"/DIMocRAT extremists have made of our nation, join your local TEA PARTY & help us take our country back to being the FREE republic that the founders wanted it to be/remain.

just my opinion.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The pendant in me wishes they would (accurately) refer to it as the "Browning-designed Colt M1911". That is how it's best known. Otherwise, it's a great idea!

·
Registered
541 Posts
It works for me. Every state should have a state gun.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
scramasax said:
It works for me. Every state should have a state gun.
Suggestions?
Alabama: :mrgreen: (Hey...what'd you 'spect??????)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Let me see, my home State of Ohio has...well.. the Harper's Ferry Musket?

Florida where I reside, and vote, and pay considerable taxes, has Kel-Tec?

Geoff
Who notes the PF-9, the SU-16C and the new shotgun, coming in time for Christmas, make a fine budget battery, especially if the .22LR adapter works.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm disappointed that Tennessee hasn't selected a state firearm. We have a state bird, poem, song, slogan, wild flower, cultivated flower, rock, gem, folk dance, commerical fish, sport fish, butterfly, amphiban, reptile, tartan, horse, fruit, mineral and beverage (Jack Daniels lost out to milk on that one).

Maybe designating official state symbols has kept the legislature busy and saved us from having a state income tax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts