Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of Greek en bloc's with bandoleers and cardboard that I want to let go of since I no longer have my M1's. My question is what is the going rate on these per bandoleer? Once I dig them out of storage I will post them for sale. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shadowdiver,

My GUESS (based on both CMP & recent local gun-show sales) is about .75 per round.

Fyi, I recently bought a bunch of M2 Ball for .55 each in en-bloc clips & in ammo cans, from a fellow who was having a garage sale.

yours, sw

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stand waite, my question was about the en bloc's themselves, not the ammo. The en blocs are Greek HXP from the South Store before they got to expensive. I shot up all of my ammo prior to selling the rifles, and gave what was left to a "friend". I appreciate the input though.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shadowdiver,

SORRY for misunderstanding you.

En-bloc clips around SA are about 50 cents to a dollar each & I've bought a BUNCH of those over the last decade.
I have NO idea what cardboards/bandoliers are worth, inasmuch as I got what few I ever had with M2 Ball.

yours, sw

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Maybe a collector will pay more, I don't know. All I know is, they were triple Parkerized and rough like sandpaper to the point to where I've had a couple that didn't function worth a crap until I smoothed off the Parkerizing with oil and steel wool. So after I got a couple, I started avoiding them altogether.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Most of the clips I've seen have been going for about 50 cents each.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To all,
Thanks for the input, once I dig them out of storage I'll be posting them on here if anyone needs them. Thanks.

Stand Waite, no disrespect intended earlier. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
shadowdiver,

NONE TAKEN. - I simply misunderstood what you were asking for.

yours, sw

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up selling my collection to help pay for a move and a funeral, now I'm starting from scratch. Got my eyes on a Smith-Corona with a 12-43 barrel for less than $700 in a "C" stock.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I ended up selling my collection to help pay for a move and a funeral, now I'm starting from scratch. Got my eyes on a Smith-Corona with a 12-43 barrel for less than $700 in a "C" stock.
The demands life makes.I have my eyes on a a BM59 repo to replace the real one I sold in 07 :headbonk: from this guy maybe Purchase Refurbished Rifle And M1 Garand ? Garand Guy Anyone here had any dealing ?This will be a summertime purchase.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just to be clear there are no Greek Enblocs, while they did manufacture ammo they did not manufactrure enblocs.
The earlier HXP used all USGI enblocs then later went to a mixture of foreign manufacture.
The USGI enblocs will go for $1 each very easy
JMO and SF manufacture are a real hit and miss and IMO are scrap
Bandos with cardboards $3-$4 each

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Orlando! That was the info that I was looking for. Thanks to all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts