Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABC's 20/20 video-zine will carry a report tonight (23 January) by Correspondent John Stossel, Lies, Myths & Downright Stupidity, debunking ten myths reported by the media… and yes!, one of them is the fiction that gun control reduces crime.

There is also an excerpt from his new book, Give Me a Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media, at their John Stossel subpage explaining how he is treated these days by some of his media associates… it's a most enlightening read.

And, not surprisingly, it supports, if not outright confirms, something we've all long-been convinced of!

G

·
Oh My GOSH!

The Sheeples are going to start bleeting! Gun's are good?!?!?

My question is how much attention this ittle tidbit of fact is going to get by the main stream media. Anyone hazard to guess?

But heck, at least it finally made it to prime time... and at #3 on the Top 10 list, that in itself says something, does it not?

G

·
Just posted the following on the ABC Discussion Board

Mr. Stoessel,

Thank you for setting the record straight (re "Guns are Bad") that the liberal do-gooders have been trying to perpetuate for the last 40 years. Anyone with a mediocre amount of gray matter capable of critical thinking and the willingness to do the research will clearly see the farce of this lie. It is about time a member of the mainstream media has stepped forward with "the facts".

I would like to refer you, and the readers of this post (especially the naysayers), to Jeffrey Snyder's "A Nation of Cowards" located at http://www.arr.org/wtp/RKBA/Nation-of-Cowards.html. This contemporary commentary brings to light some serious questions regarding the right to keep and bear arms, legislation limiting this right, in addition to moral questions.

While (as you stated in your special) "the felons say that the thing they fear the most is not the police, not time in prison, but, you, another American who might be armed", there is another group that also fears armed Americans - the liberal elite of our Government. However, the Founding Fathers knew of this (historical) tendency and sought to protect us citizens from it with our Second Amendment (and just why does that Amendment come second? Any inquiring minds out there? )

No, the lie is not about Gun Control (or Crime Control, or even Saving the Children), that is just the facade, the lie is about Control - Period.

Again, THANK YOU!
edited - Wink Wink, Nod Nod

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Schmit said:
Just posted the following on the NBC Discussion Board
You're a good man, Schmit… and it'll make'em crazed at both NBC and ABC, because it was the latter network which presented Mr. Stossel's report.

Actually, his "Ten Myths…" was very interesting on several levels. Jeanne and I watched it in rapt attention, and in response to several of his assertions, looked at one another with frowns and said "Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyy, wait just a damned minute, now!"

She felt that he'd played fast and loose with a couple of items, and that some of his "science" might have been a wee bit soft. But then we discussed several of his assertions in greater depth, and she agreed that he'd gotten the medical stuff right, and we know he got the gun stuff right, so in all likelihood he got the rest of it right as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had to call a cop buddy to give me a BA test... I thought, "no way, I'm drunk."
I sat there dumbfounded.... Nice how they used the armed women angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts