Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
steve
the little 940 is a loser, as much as i love s&w wheelguns. it will be about 200 fps slower than a 4" auto, and +p's are hard to extract and +p+ needs a mallet to extract. use the remchester golden sabre. do not expect any more than ammo interchangability with the 940, accepting it's dislike of high speed ammo

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the 940, after I found out that the Ruger moon clips are the ticket. No stickie extraction with any load!
My chronograph results were as follows:

127 gr. Win. SXT +p+ =1145 fps.
115 gr. Rem. JHP +p+=1239 fps.
115 gr. Gold Dot +p+ =1258 fps.
124 gr. Fed. Nyclad JHP=1002 fps.

Craig...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
csak.... How are the ruger clips as far as for carrying in your pocket?...Do they bend easily or are they pretty sturdy?I loved to carry my 940 but the damn S&W clips were like tin foil!!! I carry it as a back up to a 325pd either in my pocket holster or on my ankle. I've been looking for something better for extra ammo but all I could find was some clips made from plastic.....EEEEKK!!!! I carry just standard 147's in mine...preferrably gold dots but GS's will do...Heck if I'm down to my back up(NY reload) I want deep penetration and even a hole out the other side so there's a blood trail to follow back to his hole!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always carry a second gun for a reload. I would not rely on moon clips in my pocket.
When I took a class with it I hooked loaded moon clips on the straps of my ballistic vest. (for reloads)

However I rarely ruined 'em removing empties or installing live rounds.

Craig...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts