Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I predict the Democrats will claim a resounding victory for John Edwards in this Tuesday's debate with Vice President Cheney......if the Vice President fails to make Senator Edwards cry like a little girl! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Modern debates are really television events so style counts more than substance. Advantage Edwards.

·
Registered
500 Posts
JAG06 is probably right.....its a media event, with a lawyer at center stage.

Although Cheney is pretty good......may make an interesting head-to-head fight.

(almost makes me wish they'd have an anouncer that starts the debate with...."Lets get ready to RUMMMMBBBLLE!!! :lol: )

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know. Cheney gave Lieberman what-for in their debate, and Lieberman is nobody's fool. In a face-to-face match up, Cheney can even seem likable. I'm a bit biased because I really appreciate the VP's crispy dry wit.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Prediction: After a hard fought contest, Chenney will steamrole Edwards when, to everyone's suprise, Edwards' immitation of a teenage girl flipping her hair does not distract the VP. Shocked that his pretty-boy charms failed to mezmerize(sic?) the VP, Edwards falls apart.
Still, the media declares it a smahing victory for Edwards, and lables Chenney a "big meanie".

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
he'd not get too far. Its been said that if Bush were to pick Colin Powell for VP, he'd have no worries about the election. it would be in the bag. But I will say that Cheney will smash edwards pretty good the whole duration, and the democrats will still claim a monumental victory like they did w/ kerry, though his facts were wrong, he flip-flopped the entire time, and inprovised answers which sounded like he just threw a few words together. in perspective, if his answers were a guitar solo, he'da been playing to an empty auditorium. "global test"? HE didn't even know what that meant. He made it up! remember one thing, 47% said he won. 36% said BUSH won. the rest said a tie. add those #'s up. Which means more than 50% said kerry DIDN'T win. its not much of a victory at all.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Well, here we go. Time to see what is going on.

Already, first question about Iraq....and already biased.

Moderator is from PBS (Pravda Broadcasting Service), and a ***** female (can you say NOW/NAALCP???)

Deck already stacked.

EDIT:

Cheney is cleaning Hanoi John and Boy Edward's clocks now...using Hanoi John's record, just mentioned Howard "AAAAAAAAAHHHHH" Dean, etc....

Edit 2:

Now Edwards is breaking the rules.....responding when not supposed to.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Cheney won this debate:

-he got the Hanoi John record exposed again
- he got Edward's record in the senate exposed, i.e. about not being present
- he pointed out too many things...

Overall, Cheney won. It went back and forth, but in the end, Cheney looked at the nation in the eye and gave the facts and truth, cut and dry (no pun intended).

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I'm of the opinion that Cheney won that debate.

He really nailed Edwards for denigrating the sacrifices of the Iraqi people themselves in fighting the terrorists, and I thought the "tonight was the 1st time I'd met you" comment flayed Edwards raw. :lol:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Quagmire said:
He really nailed Edwards for denigrating the sacrifices of the Iraqi people themselves in fighting the terrorists, and I thought the "tonight was the 1st time I'd met you" comment flayed Edwards raw. :lol:
Abso-freakin-lootly. I could see Edwards' hairline fall back about an inch. Unfortunately, the talking heads are starting thier spin and keep saying "Halliburton", "Quagmire" (not you Quagmire) and "Plan for Peace"? If it were Klinton, it would be "Plan for Piece".

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The dynamic that i caught was a Father (Cheney) talking to his son (Edwards). Edwards came across as an ignorant child. No suprise. As far as Edward's Halmark greeting closing statements....... The people vote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :D

(In this hastily conducted post debate poll, 9 out of ten participants diddnt buy it)

Cheney won handily.

Screw the media.

Ted

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Chenney won. He won the foreign policy part, and that is all that matters. He looked good, composed, and endlessly knowledgable. I don't think Edwards really landed a punch all night. He looked like a grandfather calmly, indulgently, straightening out a mouthy kid (in this case, a pretty boy) :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts